“National holidays stay”

Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
hull
“National holidays stay”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Booked with national holidays to see dancing on ice final tour at the NIA Birmingham Easter weekend sat/sun April, upon arrival at the hotel we found the hotel to be nice and clean in all areas, rooms were nice too everything we needed in the room tea/coffee etc. staff were very polite from arriving on the sat to us leaving on the Sunday,all in all we had a nice stay apart from one minor incident that was no fault of the hotel, but having rang reception to complain about the people in the next room who were on the same coach as us from hull the noise they were making shouting and swearing and generally making a nuisance of themselves and Tv full blast!! when me and my granddaughter were trying to sleep!! Chloe bayley and the night manager came up to have a word and asked them to keep the noise down but unfortunately the noise just got worse, I rang again and Chloe who was lovely and couldn't help enough gave us another room at the front where it was very quiet and we finally got some sleep even my granddaughter said wasn't that lady ( Chloe ) very nice thank you again

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mayosu01
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Good Evening

Thank you so much for this very valued review.

Please let me advise you something really special........ I have watched Chloe playing in a Charity Football Match today - she always goes the extra mile!

Hope to see you again soon.

Kindest regards

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Let me start by telling you that the hotel is value for money. Don't expect anything fancy. Service is above average. The housekeeping is poor. The maintenance and the upkeep of the room is not acceptable.The lounge bar sofas are in need for an upholstery change. The quality of bed and bath linen also need improvement. But on the positive side, the restaurant food is pretty decent.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AnuragRanjita
Good Evening

We are thrilled you liked our food but note the comments on the upholstery.

Thank you for the valued review.

Sincerely

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

From the minute I called to make my booking I was really impressed with the Quality Hotel Coventry. The receptionist was so friendly and so helpful and answered all my questions promptly and nothing seemed too much trouble.

I arrived late at the Hotel and used one of the fantastic ‘Ladies Only’ parking spots… what a great idea for me as a lady travelling alone. Got in to the Hotel and the atmosphere was lovely. The staff helped me with my bags, Check in was quick and Matt, Receptionist, explained all the timings to me but without being boring. He was really knowledgeable and he had a great rapport with the Manager on duty that night which was so nice to see.

I used the complimentary Sauna and Steam Room and that was amazing… new and clean and so relaxing after my long journey.

I had a great meal in the Bar and a couple of nice glasses of wine which was keenly priced. The Bar Staff were really friendly and the food was fab, plentiful and extremely tasty. I didn’t manage a pudding as I was too full!

Bedroom was great – spacious, immaculately clean (including a brand new window) and so quiet. Bathroom too was spotless – towels lovely and smelt so fresh.

I was going off to the NEC the next morning and after a great night sleep (bed was really comfortable and so inviting) and a lovely hot fresh breakfast got there in less than 10 minutes! Even as a sole female traveller I didn’t get lost as it was just a straight road!!

Going to stay again in a few weeks as I am travelling out of Birmingham Airport and Matt told me about the great rates for ‘Stay and Fly’.

Brilliant – thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank olly25
Good Evening

I know we have met since your review but I needed to thank you on Trip Advisor too for such wonderful comments.

We get a lot of 'strange' comments from 'apparent guests' which make the Team at the Quality Hotel Coventry smile.

See you soon.

Kindest Regards

Di Minnis
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just returned from a weekend away and stayed sat night at the quality hotel. Our stay here was excellent value and the room was clean and modern and comfortable. The staff were friendly and professional. The stand out was the meals, especially head chef Mark, who went out of his way to make our meals right,especially for my mother in law, who required a gluten free menu. All of the staff worked hard to make our stay perfect. Would highly recommend this hotel and hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Good Morning

Thank you from all the Team for such a great review on Trip Advisor!

The Team at the Quality Hotel Coventry work hard to ensure our guests are totally relaxed during their stay with us... we are always pleased to know that our efforts are well received.

Please contact me directly next time you stay at the Quality Hotel Coventry - I would love to meet with you personally.

In the meantime

Kindest regards

New Zealand
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here because it worked out well with our travel plans as a halfway point. The room was large, warm and comfortable, the bed was really comfortable we both had a good night sleep. I have to say the shower was excellent probably one of the best over the bath showers I have had. We ordered room service dinner as it only cost £3.00 more than dining in the restaurant you do have to pay by card or cash unless you have left you card at reception and set up a tab. The food was great we both enjoyed our meals. We received great service from all the staff we encountered. Plenty of parking available and easy to get into Coventry the following morning. I would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 55, away from the road so no road noise!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Morning

Thank you from all the Team here at the Quality Hotel Coventry for your very valued report on Trip Advisor.

We all work hard to ensure our guests have a great stay - thrilled we got it right!

Hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

London
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This motel is conveniently situated adjacent in Allesley adjacent to the dual carriageway. Unfortunately, its very proximity to the road means that the rooms closest to the front of the building suffer from traffic noise. The first room offered was rejected on this account but the staff eagerly obliged by finding an alternative room set further back from the road. This room was spacious but furnished basically whilst the general decor was rather dated. It contained clean, comfortable single and double beds, ensuite,flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, trouser press and free wifi. I only stayed overnight at this hotel but I decided not to stay for the continental breakfast, which comprised of tired tinned grapefruit, packet cereals, yoghurt and blueberry muffins. The ambience of the restaurant wasn't particularly appealing either. There was a cooked breakfast option but at nearly £12 per head, my colleague and I choose to eat at the Bulls Head, in nearby Meriden, where we enjoyed a brilliant cooked breakfast with unlimited coffee for just £3.95 each! In summary, stay at this motel for reasonably priced accommodation but venture elsewhere to eat

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the road at the front. Eat elsewhere as the food is expensive here
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jnbtt
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Good Morning

Thank you for your valuable review.

Yours faithfully
Quality Hotel Coventry
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Not a bad location, especially for the NEC, which is just a few minutes away.
Staff were really nice and helpful.
Decided to have evening meal in the bar, and although it was a bit pricey, it was well presented and very tasty.
Floor boards in the room were very creaky - so were all the neighbours, so it was much more intrusive than in modern hotels.
Shower room was grim - straight from the 80's, and the tiles had been painted to try and make it look better.
Fan was covered in dirt and dust - mould on the shower tray/cubicle, tiles on the floor were cracked and don't look behind the basin pedestal, as it was growing some very strange mould.
Breakfast very expensive at £10/head, and no continental choice.

Room Tip: have a look at the room before you unpack, check out the bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Colin B
Morning

Thank you for your further report.

The team here at the Quality Hotel Coventry work very hard to ensure guests enjoy their stay with us and we are pleased to hear we got it right again.

Yours sincerely