“Nothing too much trouble”

Quality Hotel Coventry
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel as our young son was competing at the Midland swimming championships. The staff were extremely welcoming, one in particular whose daughter used to swim competitively, took a real interest in his swimming and how he'd done at the end of the day etc.

Must point out, we stayed here on the night of England's first World Cup match so naturally the bar was full. However, staff went out of their way to bring in an extra table and seat us so that we could all see the TV screen while we ate.

Food was excellent, wine of a reasonable price and very drinkable. After the match, the bar cleared and a live singer came on. Well, the amplifier and mike system was perhaps a little more than necessary and once another customer suggested he didn't need it, he just sat and sang along with his guitar and it was brilliant , one bottle of wine followed another as we all joined in ... (must say, young son in bed at this point!!)

In Coventry itself, we didn't have a lot of time for doing the tourist bits due to the swimming gala, but would like to mention the Coventry Motor Museum which we managed to do twice. It's totally free and is the best few hours out, fascinating. Can't believe what police cars used to look like when I was in my teens!!! Were going to look around the Cathedral but on Saturday (or any weekday) this would have cost around £13 for the three of us. It is free on Sundays so go on a Sunday, it is well worth it!

The hotel itself was great and we would certainly stay there again - very comfy beds, immaculate everywhere, staff who were friendly and welcoming and who went well beyond what was expected of them to make our stay welcome. Ten out of ten all round!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank KLK1960
There are newer reviews for Quality Hotel Coventry

Reviewed 12 July 2010

I stayed at this hotel to find mixed messages when I arrived. Although the staff were very helpful and obliging to all guests, well, that was my impression, the accommodation wasn't exactly fantastic. The food was average, sometimes below average and definitely not experimental cuisine - we were served pies of some form or another each evening of our stay!
The most horrifying element of my stay was when I discovered there to be cigarette ash on the floor next to my bed, even though a no smoking policy was operational - fortunately I didn't soil myself/clothes! However, on reflection, after making the complaint, a member of staff arrived to inspect and upgrade my room allocation within twenty minutes, so they've got their priorities right. Although there are certainly worse hotels, some money could be spent on redecorating this hotel, as well as making the place seem more welcoming, always book a double room here - the singles are tiny and the bathroom is a recipe for injury since it's so compressed, I know since my first en-suite room, before upgrade, was markedly smaller than the double I was upgraded to.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We stayed here for a one night in June-the hotel is in a nice location, conveniently near the main road, but set far back in a leafy setting with a large free carpark and terrace where evening drinks could be enjoyed. Check in went smoothly and the staff were plesant and helpful. Our hotel room faced the back of the hotel, so it was nice and quiet, but was old-fashioned with dreadful cheap looking dark 'wood' furniture which was all chipped and damaged and the bathroom suite (no shower) could have done with a refurb. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided along with a modern flat screen TV so ok if a little run down. However was not impressed the following morning at breakfast-after seating ourselves as there was no member of staff taking room numbers/seating guests-we had cereal from a limited selection of 3 offerings then proceded to try the cooked breakfast-a selection of fried eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, fried bread, tomatoes, sausage and toast. This was fine, well except the lack of beans and hash browns?!? until i cut into my sausage which appeared very pink and undercooked-save to say this put me off and i left feeling decidedly hungry.

All in all, an ok basic, clean hotel in a pleasent location near Allesley Village which has some nice pubs, hotel is about 3 miles from the centre of Coventry-but don't expect much more for your money!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2010

From the start of our 3 day trip to the end, the service at this hotel was exemplary. We were with a group of about 50 colleagues and nothing was too much trouble for the manager and all of his team. The car park is very large and secure, with dedicated spaces for lone female drivers closer to the hotel entrance and well lit, a very good idea. We were greeted by friendly reception staff and speedily allocated rooms that were were all very clean and comfortable with great TVs and good showers. The rooms also had an iron and ironing board, a great touch, as no matter how carefully you pack, things always seem to get crushed! The 3 course dinners we had in the evening were absolutely great, all served quickly with piping hot ,plentiful and tasty food that was widely praised by our group.The choice and quality at the buffet breakfasts were also very good. The hotel has a convenient location for Coventry and Birmingham, yet still manages to feel semi rural and quiet.We will definately be returning to this hotel again soon with our colleagues as there were many positive comments from our group.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Pops47
gmcoventry, Manager at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2010

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel it really pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your stay and every aspect was excellent ,we pride ourselves on clean rooms,friendly service and great tasteing food, again thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon...

Reviewed 8 June 2010

Stayed at the Quality Hotel with my wife and elderly mother on a long weekend break with a coach party. Read the Trip Advisor reviews before booking, so was quite confident of a good experience. I have to say we were not disappointed.
On arrival, reception managed to allocate rooms and disperse the whole 50 plus party within five minutes or so, an event I have known to have taken up to half an hour at some hotels! We did have a problem however, in that we were allocated a room at the other end of the hotel to my elderly mother when we had requested rooms close by. No problem, reception sorted it out within a couple of minutes when I pointed this out.
Rooms were clean, beds comfortable but although it didn't apply to us, some rooms did not have any drawer or wardrobe space, just hanging bars from the wall. Perhaps something management could look at for the future, as when your stay is more than one night this isn't ideal.
Dining was a very enjoyable experience, the quality of food first class. Good choice, hot and plentiful. Buffet breakfast was both hot and cold in a pleasant spacious room. Evening meals were taken in a very cosy restaurant with very pleasant and eager to help staff. In fact all the staff we met were very friendly and courteous, nothing too much trouble!
If I had one gripe however, it would be the prices at the bar. I know hotel prices do tend to be higher than your average local, but surely if the prices were competative it would discourage guests from disappearing down the pub in search of reasonably priced drinks. Surely this would reflect in higher bar profits with a bigger turnover!
However this would not stop us from returning to the Quality Hotel in future as it was on the whole a most pleasing experience.

• Stayed: June 2010
3  Thank StuartHalifax
gmcoventry, Manager at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2010

Thank you for writing your review, i am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We work so hard to make the Hotel a welcoming and enjoyable place to be and pleased on this occasion we achieved our objective, Again thanks for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

I stayed at the Quality hotel Coventry with 3 collegues for 2 nights recently. I phoned the hotel 3 times requesting confirmation of the booking, which I never recieved. My collegues paid £45 per night and as I booked slightly later I was told that only family rooms were available, and for the same period I would pay £59 per night to which I agreed. When I arrived at the hotel to check in, my family room had changed to a double room and the price had changed from £59 per night to £109 per night.
So.... no booking confirmation, family room changes to double room and a massive jump in price. When I questioned the manager (Craig Hill) he couldn't have been more obstructive. After 2 days of asking for answers, Mr Hill reluctently gave me a £50 refund which is still £50 short of my original quote. I have been home a week now and although an investigation was promised I have heard nothing. This whole episode ruined my 2 night stay at the Quality hotel and my collegues and I have vowed never to use the Quality hotel chain again.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank DANDANLONDON
gmcoventry, Manager at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2010

Thank you for your comments, We use all comments in a positive manner to help develop our Hotel, As you emailed yesterday to state you were happy with our response and understand that with a Bank Holiday in the middle of the investigation it took 6 working days to respond to your query, However I am pleased you are now satisfied with our response and I really do hope we can welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2010

As a regular at this hotel I thought it was time to complete a review.
After starting a new job in the Coventry area in June 2009 it took me the best part of 2 months to find this Gem of a hotel!. During the first 2 months I have stayed in the majority of Coventry and Warwick hotels however none can compare to the Quality Hotel Birmingham road Allesley, in terms of : Location, Cost, Quality of the rooms, and Friendly staff.
The car park is located in the hotel grounds and is totally free, with secure 24hr CCTV. On arrival you are always greeted by a friendly and efficient receptionist who makes the checking in process simple and concise.

The Rooms
Over the last seven months I have stayed in aprox 15 different room all have been through a refurbishment prior to my stay. The rooms are very spacious with a comfortable double or single bed depending on your requirements, I have never had an issue with a bad nights sleep staying here, most rooms have a large LCD TV mounted on the wall with plenty of channels to watch. There is even a full size desk with free Wi-Fi thrown in with the price.

The Bathroom
Most rooms have a full size bath with a shower over the top however one room I have stayed in had a shower cubical only, which was not a problem as I’m not for sitting in a bath anyway. Complimentary shower gel and shampoo is available from a wall mounted pump.

Overall the room cleanliness is to a high standard!

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stop for a single night or longer.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank mj633
gmcoventry, Manager at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2010

Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel, I am so pleased to see you stay with us on a regular basis and enjoy the facilities we offer, As mentioned all of our 80 rooms have recently been re-furbished and are well maintained. We always try to offer our Hotel as your Home and pleased on this occasion to have achieved it, We look forward to welcoming you back soon..