“Great Find”

Days Hotel Coventry
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
“Great Find”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Needing somewhere to stay near the City centre for work , I came across this hotel. I was here for two days and needed something affordable and accommodating.

The hotel has a car park which was a great plus for me as I did not use it during the duration of my stay and was included in the price. The service I was received was friendly and professional. The decor of the hotel, in particular the lobby area was very nice and the room itself was spacious and practical.

All In all, I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank JattsDoIT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The room is small,the wall is thin like a piece of paper. But will do for one night stay with free car parking.The morning breakfast was average,nothing special.Only best thing are their free WiFi ,it's fast,and better than lots of other hotel in U.K.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
North Wales
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as visiting family locally.
I booked two rooms at this hotel as we are a family of 5 and booked via a website I requested the rooms be next door to each other. I called the day before arrival to check rooms were next door and they confirmed what rooms we were having. Even on check in I confirmed they were next to each other, surprise surprise when we get up to the rooms they may have been numerically next to each other but they were actually round the corner and up a set of stairs away from each other!! To be honest by the time we had got up to the rooms with 3 kids in tow and luggage we just settled for what we has but disappointing considering the staff obviously didn't know their layout of hotel, staff training required. Rooms 213 and 214 are not next to each other!
Everything else pretty basic. Rooms nothing special but cheap so what do you expect. Breakfast good value considering rooms so cheap.
Ours rooms were overlooking the roads and we did not get very much sleep as very very noisy. Traffic was constant. I would recommend to request a room not overlooking the roads ( when allocating rooms the hotel should be more thoughtful of this of you are a family with young children)!!!!!
All in all cheap and cheerful. Need to refurb the rest of the hotel to the standard of reception.

1 Thank Melskiallen
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I will start with the good points of this hotel, as it is always good to start positive!
Me and my husband stayed here, due to my sister only living round the corner, and we decided to stay in a hotel for a change...
Parking was FREE. Unlike the hotels that are actually in the city centre - Travelodge/Premier Inn etc...
The bedding was clean and crisp and there was lovely white fluffy towels in the room.
Have a curry off the menu - They were amazing and also the food was very cheap for a hotel.
It is just a 5 minute walk to the city centre - and it is a 5 minute walk, I have been to Coventry about 20 times plus....
The bad points.....
Our mattress had a very large stain on the side of it (we could see it, without having the need to look for problems.
I didn't bother letting them know, we were only using the hotel as a 'base' but if the Management read this - we were in room 121 - Could do with changing...
There dressing table had the TV screwed to it - right in front of the mirror, OK, Fair enough to screw it down, but don't put it in front of the mirror!! Struggled to do my make up and hair properly. There were other mirrors (one in the wardrobe and in the bathroom, but not ideal as space was cramped and no where to sit and do make up and hair.)
Could have been cleaner around skirting boards and edges of room, quite dusty.
Tiles in bathroom could have done with a bit of re grouting...bit on the mouldy side...
We stayed 2 nights and the maid still hadn't been by 4pm - so had to go and ask for some more loo roll, as we had run out. We then went out for a couple of hours and the maid had been....better late than never.
Overall I am a great believer in that you get what you pay for AND IT WAS CHEAP! £33 per night, for 2 people WITH continental breakfast.
I would stay again as it has a bed and washing/toilet - everything you need.
However I would suggest a little re vamp on the rooms, as they were a bit tired, compared to the main reception and a bit better maid service.
SOME TIPS - Our room only had a shower and bathroom very small - Not Ideal if you have children in tow or disabled. I would let the hotel know, if this is the case I think they would be happy to help.
Have a curry - they were amazing and cheap.
Visit Coventry Transport Museum, it is brill!

Room Tip: We were situated on the main road - ask to be on the other side facing the car park - I presume it w...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This hotel was value for money in a good location.

A good hotel restaurant.

I would stay again

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Good points; rooms big and clean, restaurant staff friendly as we were late for breakfast but they kindly served us.gym room available small but does the job.
Bad points; credit card charged as we got there which is unusual as we wanted to pay with cash, reception staff couldn't understand us too well, 1 pillow per person in room. Received a call at 10.45 " reminding" us we had to be out by 11am

Sheffield
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Just stayed for one night on a work trip.

Good points - well located, free parking, good size room, clean bedding, bath as well as shower (not sure all rooms), friendly staff... but most of all very cheap.

Bad points - Very tired decoration and the floors seem to be seperated by wood so very noisy when the person above me was moving around (I was on 1st floor).

I booked on Hotels.com for £39 including continental breakfast and VAT so happy with what I got.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business