“Excellent value for money”

Days Hotel Coventry
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
wiltshire
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I paid £39 and this is probably the best value hotel I have stayed in for years. It is effectively a fully equipped 3star hotel at lodge prices. Everything was immaculately clean, there are two restaurants and bar, and the staff were helpful and friendly. Free car parking and wifi and continental breakfast included.The bedroom was large, well equipped and the bed clean and comfortable. Five to ten minute walk to city centre and cathedral. I really couldn't fault it!
Well done - I stay in many hotels but I was impressed!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have to say that my feelings towards the hotel are extremely mixed.
The room was clean and adequate, but nothing much beyond this. It is an easy walk to the city centre, although the hotel itself isn't all that easy to find.
We had the misfortune of a room on the main road-and this meant that the traffic all night made for a horrible stay.
It sounds petty, but things like shower caps and tissues were not replaced after the first night. Things that make an impression upon me.
Again I would agree that you will need to ask for another pillow.
I would like to commend the lovely receptionist, Karolina. We ordered a taxi-the firm said that they would be 5 mins, they still had not arrived after ten. She rang the firm back (without us asking) to check on the taxi's progress.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the main road!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hawkinge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

As others have said the entrance is not easy to find, it is off a back street with only a very small sign directing you. The staff though were very pleasant though the room let the hotel down. Masking tape still left on the door frames, new laminate flooring without edging, only one side light by the bed so only one person could read. The beds are hard, but that suited me but not my wife. The real highlight for us was the menu. great Indian food offered as well as standard fare. We had the Indian and it was superb. The special offer of 'have a curry and a free beer' seemed good too until it was added to our bill. 9/10 for the food, sadly only 4/10 for the hotel.

Room Tip: Go high !!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I pre-booked hotel on location and price. The entrance into the hotel was not obvious - I could see the hotel but had to drive around the block before finding the way in!

I didn't arrive until around 1.30am after long drive from Bristol airport, and the first thing I wanted was to sleep. The check-in went smoothly, was told that I could still get a drink (or coffee) if I wanted, but I went straight to my room.

Continental breakfast was included. It was buffet-style and adequate, though rather basic. The coffee was good, though. ("Full English" was an option at around 5 pounds extra).

The room was a double with single occupancy. The bed was comfortable, and I slept well, but the bathroom was incredibly small - it is said that Britain has the smallest bathrooms in Europe - they are right! (about 2 sqm for toilet, handbasin and shower cubicle). Frankly, for double occupancy, this room would have been very uncomfortable, as it was hardly possible to close the toilet door whilst seated. I don't know whther that was a typical room.

I hoped to do some paperwork, but the TV occupied all the desk, and there was no lighting over it.

I hoped to find a shoe-shine machine (or at least some cleaning materials), but there was none available.

There is a reasonable amount of parking space, but if you are late there is not much space outside.

The hotel is, however clean, and the staff seemed cheerful. It is also within 5 minutes walk to the city centre.

Room Tip: Room 121 listed as a double is certainly too small for comfortable double occpancy!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed here for a short 3 night stay. The staff were brilliant and more than helpful but I'm afraid the room was not very clean. The carpet wasn't vacuumed in the three day stay, corners of the bathroom could do with some attention on the cleaning front. The bed was hard and the pillows were very lumpy. We ate at the bar restaurant one evening and, although there were only 6 folk in we waited for 45 minutes to get our food which was very bland. The breakfast was plain and rushed. We were told that we must take what we needed now as the food was to be cleared in the next 5 minutes. All in all we were very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Burnley
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Central location plenty of parking. On a bit of a busy rood, so could be noisey depending on your room.

The room was ok apart from being absolutely boiling even with the radiator turned off. Ample bathroom chair to sit and watch telly and pretty quiet.

We went down to the bar and were pleasantly surprised by the price of the beer. It was not that much more than your average pub and the food was very good and reasonably priced. The staff were brilliant and we had a nice bit of banter with them.

The room was still hot so I put the fan on to cool it off but had to turn it off mid way through the night due to noise. Not much sleep due to the heat.

Breakfast was ok as far as continentals go but you had to time it right as the "Tourists" emptied the fruit and pastry bowls like locusts.

Would stay again though.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The hotel staff were very helpful, we arrived mid evening after settling my daughter into University. It was great that the hotel had a bar and a good selection on the menu - British or Indian. Food was great. The Room was very clean and spacious. The only things that could have been improved were the actual bed it was very hard and only one pillow each (by the time we realised housekeeping had left so reception was unable to supply any more). Coffee in the morning wasn't great.

Room Tip: Check you pillows early on as you cannot get any later in the night.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple