“Very Pleasant Surprise”

Days Hotel Coventry
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 30 November 2013

After booking Days Hotel checked reviews on Tripadvisor. Very mixed. Some very unpleasant.
Well we got lucky! Very welcoming and efficient Receptionist. Room, spacious, clean, and provided with accessories listed on their site. Bathroom clean, big and warm. Again kitted out as stated.
Went to bar for pre-dinner drinks.Staff welcoming, efficient and pleasant. Food and drink, good quality, well prepared & well served. Service good without being intrusive. Good prices!
Slept well for a Friday night in a "clubbing" city. Good plentiful breakfast in room rate!
As they say "up north" there are some folk you'll never satisfy. They've been to Days Hotel Coventry. Don't let them put you off. We'll go back when we need to be in that neck of the woods.

Room Tip: Trust the receptionist.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my girlfriend last week as we both graduated. After going to university in Coventry for the last few years, we knew that this hotel was just outside the ring road and therefore the city centre would be easily accessible. I actually can't fault the place. We had a lovely stay and we'd definitely return if we needed to stay in Coventry again. Originally I booked one night myself and my girlfriend booked the following night separately and the staff at the reception had no problem merging our bookings so we could stay in the same room both nights.

In fact the staff were really attentive and wonderful. Everything we needed was taken care of, sometimes without us even asking. The room was cleaned regularly, too. The only problems we did have (which I must stress are minor) were the wifi being a bit sporadic (but it is free and you're in the centre of Coventry so it's not a major issue when there's so much to see and do). Also, our room had very low roof-like loft ceilings. I am 6 foot 3 and there were clear signs warning you in case you banged your head, so I'm not too bothered about it personally but thought it might be worth a mention!

I didn't sleep well myself but I put this down to pre-graduation nerves the one night and the fact we both went for a night out the following night and didn't get back until late! The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were fine.

Anyway, fantastic stay, very clean, great location, fantastic staff. And for £39 a night, I can't fault the value.

Room Tip: Pick a room high up to avoid some of the noise from traffic outside!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed here for two nights while in Coventry for my daughter's graduation and whilst it's never going to compete with the 4* establishments, it's as near as dammit in the centre of the city, offers reasonably priced, clean and tidy accommodation and, for an extra fiver, does a very good full English breakfast, cooked fresh to order.

There were a couple of minor niggles - the shower took a bit adjusting to get a decent temperature, and no matter how I plastered the shower curtain to the wall, a small amount of water still managed to leak onto the bathroom floor. Also, the radiator in our bedroom needed bleeding, as the heat only made it halfway up! Lastly, the pillows weren't the most comfortable, but given that I don't sleep very well anywhere other than my own bed, that was to be expected!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights in a double room. The accommodation was clean and warm. The staff are polite and helpful. The breakfast is ok, If you use a sat nav try typing in Meriden Street and got to centre, this will take you there better than the post code on the address.

Room Tip: May want to upgrade room as corridor can get noisey
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in October. The hotel was OK . But I would not stay again . The staff were friendly but I was disappointed with the cleanliness of the room. The edges of the carpet were visibly dirty I say this as a person who will allow for minor bits and pieces. The cleaner could only have barely passed the hoover through. The mattress on the bed was very thin and lumpy. The next day after our day out we came in and honestly the made up bed was the worst I have ever seen. It looked like it was just flung over! On the plus side an easy walk into town, so we didn't use our car once. Plenty of parking. The breakfast was adequate. A minor tweaks and this could be a reasonable place to stay PS The grey looking white bed linen needs to go . Also the young girl in the bar was lovely pleasant and professional Well done you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I paid £39 and this is probably the best value hotel I have stayed in for years. It is effectively a fully equipped 3star hotel at lodge prices. Everything was immaculately clean, there are two restaurants and bar, and the staff were helpful and friendly. Free car parking and wifi and continental breakfast included.The bedroom was large, well equipped and the bed clean and comfortable. Five to ten minute walk to city centre and cathedral. I really couldn't fault it!
Well done - I stay in many hotels but I was impressed!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have to say that my feelings towards the hotel are extremely mixed.
The room was clean and adequate, but nothing much beyond this. It is an easy walk to the city centre, although the hotel itself isn't all that easy to find.
We had the misfortune of a room on the main road-and this meant that the traffic all night made for a horrible stay.
It sounds petty, but things like shower caps and tissues were not replaced after the first night. Things that make an impression upon me.
Again I would agree that you will need to ask for another pillow.
I would like to commend the lovely receptionist, Karolina. We ordered a taxi-the firm said that they would be 5 mins, they still had not arrived after ten. She rang the firm back (without us asking) to check on the taxi's progress.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the main road!