“Very basic and shabby hotel, no breakfast to go”

Days Hotel Coventry
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Very basic and shabby hotel, no breakfast to go”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We usually stay in 5 star hotels although have stayed at other budget chains. We stayed here for one night whilst having our home re-modelled. The hotel is very convenient for the city centre (maybe a ten block walk) and the staff are friendly. Our room was basic (which was to be expected) although clean. There were however a number of issues: (1) when I laid my hand on the toilet roll holder it fell off the wall (2) There had been a leak that affected the ceiling in the bathroom (lots of nasty looking marks) (3) The bath was far too small (I could not lie down and I am only small!) (4) The bath grouting needed re-doing (5) The toilet made terrible noises after flushing (6) The bedside lamp (there was only one and this was to light the whole of the bedroom) was tatty and needs replacing (7) There was only one bedside lamp and no overhead light except outside the bathroom (8) The furnishing around the hotel (outside the rooms) need replacing and the carpet is very worn in places (10) Even though I had paid for a continental breakfast and asked to take it away as I had to go to work I wasn't allowed! (It had to be eaten on the premises which seems very old fashioned in this day and age of "to go" breakfast and high levels of service). However, the beds were clean, there was plenty of hot water and the TV was fine so it was okay for one night. I would not book to stay there again

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the street as the traffic is very noisy (maybe there isn't dou...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked direct with Days INN / HOTEL arrived at reception gave booking in number and showed email stood there 10 minutes to be told no such booking. Then when found said for Friday night past when only booked Friday afternoon and booking confirmation showed it to be for this Sunday night. Tried to suggest booked with alternative company when booked direct with them.
Went up to the room to find no towels or milk.
Woken at 2am with shouting from surrounding room which went on till past 4am - very little sleep reported at reception did not appear unduly concerned.

Room Tip: Take some ear plugs
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here again March 2014.

Had an other great stay room clean bathroom clean, my bed on this occasion felt a bit lumpy, the staff give me a quilt to lay over the mattress, I had an excellent sleep over the next 4 nights.

Again friendly staff, Lovely food, Safe and secure environment, what else can one ask for at these cheep prices.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
dayshotelcoventry, General Manager at Days Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I am so happy you felt our hotel staff were all friendly and happy to help you. Regarding the room, it is also a delight to see you were happy with the standard of cleaning and as you mentioned about the beds we are in a process of getting new beds which will be more comfortable.

It is a real pleasure to see you wish to return to our hotel. Please do let me know via the hotel of any future reservations you wish to make and I will ensure you are once again looked after.

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Recently went to this hotel to take the family away for a break. Right from check in everything went wrong. they got the dates wrong for us to check in, so we amost did not have a room. When we did get to the room the room was very dusty. Also the bed for my son was right at the front door, which was not very safe. When we woke up in the morning my sons asthma was not great and so he had inhalers to calm him down. we eventually tried to ahev a shower, but there was no hot water. The hotel staff gave us a key for another room and said we could use that room to have a shower, which also was not very clean. Finally to compensate us, they tried to give us a 15% discount on our next stay, which is of no use to us as we will never stay there again. I know it is a budget hotel, but you expect a clean room and a hot water as a basics.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Thoroughly welcoming & up-to -date establishment. Friendly & efficient staff, excellent breakfast, comfortable bed, (though I could have used an extra pillow), & efficient wi-fi. Really nothing to complain about, a decent place to stay, & within easy walking distance of the city centre.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

WOW!!! What a fantastic feedback, thank you ever so much for such a lovely comments, your feedback is a fuel for us which keeps us motivated to go the extra mile and deliver the exceptional service.

It is a delight to read that you received a warm welcome to the hotel and were very well looked after during your stay with us. I am also very happy to see you were very pleased with your room and the cleanliness of the bathroom.

Thank you once again and I would love to see you back very soon. Please let me know directly via the hotel if you need any help with any reservations and it will be my pleasure to arrange everything for you to make you feel once again very well looked after.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit to this hotel having first used it as a stop over four years ago and yet again we had a great room which was clean and contained everything we could have needed. Lovely breakfast every morning and the staff were yet again very friendly and helpful with any queries!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clairepops
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such a cracking review. I am glad that we lived upto your expectations and you found our staff friendly.

In addition, I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel to other potential guests. It certainly represents a credit to the team the fact that we have so many people recommending and coming back to our hotel after having enjoyed a memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Was able to get a room here at the last minute for a business trip. Excellent service and the breakfast and dinner was good. They do very nice curries in their restaurant. Their internet is absolutely fantastic compared to any other hotel i have been to. Fast and also free part of your hotel room if you choose to get it. I was able to get so much work done without the need of worrying that the connection would be congested.

Room Tip: Never get the ground floor rooms as you won't be able to sleep from the traffic. Get anything ab...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such a lovely review, We are glad that we lived upto your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the hotel team.

I am glad to know that you found our Wi-Fi service hassle free and speedy and you were able to complete most of your work.

Thank you again for writing the review, looking forward to welcome you back.