“Friendly staff”
Review of The Jacobean Hotel

The Jacobean Hotel
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 6 April 2014

After reading some of the reviews on this site I was a bit apprehensive about this hotel but I must admit was pleasantly surprised. The staff make you feel very welcome and the rooms are comfortable and clean although a little cold as there was no heating on. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment on the food but overall a great place at a good price. Would not hesitate to book again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I got a sinking feeling when I pulled up to the property. I had a quick look at this online and the pictures made it look similar to a Premier Inn. Unfortunately once inside and in my room it felt more like a run down bedsit. Awful stained wallpaper, dark, cold, nasty bathroom and I didn't really feel safe. As a woman this is very important and so I immediately didn't want to spend the night there. It wasn't an expensive hotel but I did expect a little more. I spent half an hour in the room and it was noisy and uncomfortable so I found myself a B&B a few miles away and left.

Room Tip: Apparently they have started to upgrade the hotel so one of those rooms may be more acceptable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Debra79
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just went for afternoon tea & it was lovely.
Didn't think on appearance that it would be filling but it really was!
The homemade scones with clotted cream were amazing!
Our waitress Katie was lovely!
Highly recommended and great value at £9.50

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We had afternoon tea at the Brooklands Grange Hotel for my Mums 60th and it was lovely, the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Food was really nice - couldn't believe how inexpensive it was for what we had. Would go back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Went here for Sunday lunch through a groupon offer, took my mother in law and husband and teenage daughter, staff were very polite and meal arrived and was enjoyed by all, would recommend Sunday lunch even paying the full value, as it was nice, fresh vegtables, and cooked well. We didn't get treated any different to the other guess as I thought we might have done going with an offer. Need to book as most tables taken.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We dealt with Luke initially to plan our daughters christening, he was really easy going and very helpful! He was felxible with the buffet which was fab. On the day the girls there were fab and decorated the whole room for me just as I asked them to - even down to chair covers and bows! Nothing was too much. The day ran so smoothly and the layout of the venue made it perfect for different atmospheres, Dj/music, food, bar, seating etc. We had a wonderful day and look forward to our next party there!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbed room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very comfortable place to stay. We stayed here over the weekend 22 Nd Feb , being part of a wedding the whole.package was terrific , the service , and the staff could not do enough for us . Well worth a stop , the gardens were great for wedding pictures

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Coventry hotels
Quality Hotel Coventry
Ibis Coventry Centre
Ibis Coventry Centre
#17 of 39 in Coventry
DoubleTree by Hilton Coventry

Been to The Jacobean Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Jacobean Hotel

Address: Holyhead Road, Coventry CV5 8HX, England (Formerly Brooklands Grange Hotel)
Region: United Kingdom > England > West Midlands > Coventry
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
#5 Family Hotel in Coventry
#10 Business Hotel in Coventry
Price Range: £35 - £75 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Jacobean Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Jacobean Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Brooklands Grange Coventry