“At last somewhere decent to eat in Coventry City Center”
Review of The Establishment - CLOSED

The Establishment
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My first ever visit to this restaurant. The menu was good, the food excellent and the service first class, nothing was too much trouble. The Pate was delicious, fish and chips excellent! Will certainly be going there again. Couldnt fault it!!!

1  Thank Rozzie695

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have travelled all over uk and do not really leave comments as such, but I have to say what a credit this place is to the people of Coventry. The staff were really attentive and the food was delicious, I had the Rib Eye steak which was honestly the best I have ever had.

Such a shame there are people picking up on such minor points? Do not understand as it is such a great place?

Reviewed 7 October 2012

We were looking for a place to eat and a passer-byer suggested they had heard of this new place and thought it might be a good. It was all we required plus more, a good place with great food. It was already well patronised but we were given a table and a menu. The food was good, the service was good and the atmosphere was carm and exciting. The menu had a multi-cultural listing types of food and beverage. Well recommended. The address was easy to find, a small lane just half way between the Cathedral and the police station.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Yes, the building is beautiful and it has been nicely done out inside. That said, neither of those elements make it an experience I want to go through again.

Myself and my boyfriend experience some of the worst customer service in a restaurant I've come across. We were told to wait to be seated by one staff member who clearly had no idea what she was doing and had to consult a bar staff member to advise her where to seat us. It wasn't overly busy, for a Monday evening and eventually we were shown to a table in a dark sideroom.

Couldn't find a menu, managed to get one for food but the waitress couldn't find a cocktail menu and proceeded to try and remember the six/seven she could. We ordered some and they came in a decent time, these were ok, average cocktail price so no complaints there except that she nearly spilled them over us!

Both of us had a burger which was ok, but not worth the price and came on a thin piece of wood which was impossible to eat off without making a mess. This food was also nearly dropped on us and the table was sticky from the earlier cocktail mishap.

General customer service and atmosphere was poor and at one point the couple sat behind us were entirely plunged into darkness having been to the bar. The couple to our left were enjoying wine but in no hurry to order food. The waitress kept coming over to ask if they were ready to order and I was shocked at her rude response on one ocassion where she told them to come get her rather than her coming over and asking again, the way she said it was out of order.

All in all if we did go back it would be for a drink but even then we don't really want to. A good idea but poorly executed and it looks like the focus was on the decor rather than the food or the service.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

My friend had been a few times before and really liked it. So yesterday she suggested we went there for lunch. I thought it was really lovely. The staff were very friendly and we were served straight away. The food was good and there is a really nice atmosphere. The building is very interesting and it's in a lovely location.

Will difintely return with my hubby, and would recommend it to friends and family.

1  Thank TonyandDi