“very small meat portion”
Review of Toby Carvery

Toby Carvery
Ranked #63 of 580 Restaurants in Coventry
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Stonebridge Island. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Coventry’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Coventry, United Kingdom
“very small meat portion”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

considering you pay an extra £2 than a crown carvery, its definatly not worth it, ok you get the extra choice of pork but the pathetic slice you get I wouldn't bother, not an exciting selection of veg-carrots peas coli cheese, not worth the journey or price

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank michellefisher2002

“Very poor customer service”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I visited this restaurant yesterday with my family, there were 8 of us in total. They wouldn't let us sit at a table until all 8 of us were there (we arrived in 2 separate cars, 2 groups of 4). We arrived within 5 minutes of each other. They sat us at a table which would have comfortably sat 6 people, not 8. I could see a larger table set for 9 people so I asked if we could move and I was told no because they had a large party arriving shortly (I was told over the phone they didn't take bookings). My 91 year old mother in law has a very small appetite, I asked if she could have a Childs carvery (which they have always allowed in the past). I was told 'no it is our company policy that only children under 10 can have it now'. Needless to say I was not happy. We had to pay £9.49 for a meal which she barely touched. None of us were given much meat, you'd think it was the chefs own meat, they are so tight dishing it out! After we'd finished our meal we felt rushed, it was clear they wanted the table back asap. No sooner had they brought the bill over when a member of staff asked would you like the card machine! The customer service here is absolutely appalling, its all about money, nothing more. We have eaten here many times in the past and never had cause to complain. We will not be returning or recommending it to our family and friends.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Neleh3
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good food. Sadly service let it down”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Noticed that the place has had a refurb, with the new entrance going through the bar area, though means more tables. We were a group of 5 that got quickly seated. The host took our drinks order, and said our server would be over shortly to take our food order. After nearly 10mins of waiting we simply just started heading for the cavery without officially ordering. It took nearly 15mins for the drinks to turn up, which was not good.

The food itself was nice and couldnt complain considering it was £5.99!. Desserts where also nice, I had the apple & blackberry crumble which I really enjoyed. Though they did forget to give wafers on ice creams!

Sadly, again sevice let it down, because we wanted to quickly pay the bill and leave, but our server just kept walking by us ignoring our table and cleaned tables, she wasnt very observative because even after I waved she still didnt notice.

As long as you dont get our server, Im sure you would enjoy a meal at this restaurant!

Date of visit: 1st Feb (approx 5.30pm)

• Visited February 2014
West Bromwich
“Pretty good carvery”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We tend to fill our boots here prior to going on to shows at LG Arena/NEC and must say that, as Toby's go, this is one of the better ones. Good helping of juicy meats and veg that is served fresh, not just left to stand there. Decent pint of Pedigree as well - much better than the rubbish they serve at the show venues.

• Visited January 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kerry ”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

All the staff here are very helpful. Love the cheerful guy who serves the food. The veg is always fresh and there's plenty of choice for vegetarians. Lovely atmosphere too. Well done guys.