“Brilliant experience!”

and up
Fly a Real Jet Simulator Around the World at Coventry Airport
Ranked #1 of 19 Fun & Games in Coventry
More attraction details
Owner description: Flight Simulators Midlands are delighted to offer you a thrilling experience on board a real B737-800 motion simulator or a Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jet simulator with simulated motion or an Airbus A320 real aircraft, converted into a simulator. All are fitted with the latest Glass Cockpit Instrumentation (PFD/ND or EFIS)and the latest graphics available. Fly the mountains around Salzburg or the waterways of Hong Kong. These simulators have trained thousands of professional pilots over the years. (They are not replica simulators like many on offer). Now it's your turn to sit where they did and learn the tricks of the trade. We highly recommend a full hours flight time to get the best from your visit. Welcome on board. Captain Chris Rigby (Chief Pilot FSM)
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Brilliant experience!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I went to the Boeing 747 simulator experience yesterday as part of my 60th birthday present..all of the staff were very friendly and helpful.my pilot for the trip over the alps was pablo who was a delight to have as my instructor.he allowed me to fly the whole trip manually including take off and landing and gave me advice and encouragement all through the flight.whole place is very clean and tidy with a nice bar upstairs where visitors can watch aircraft taking off and the simulator is just a few paces from the reception area.i would highly recommend this experience to anyone wishing to discover what its like to fly a 'heavy'

3 Thank supawolves

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My expectations exceeded”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I upgraded the Groupon 1/2 hour offer to 1 hour and added the motion. My original £49 offer subsequently rose to £175 which I was happy to pay but I felt a bit disgruntled at the end when asked to pay an additional £10 for a photo they took of me at the outset. I really believe they would benefit by including the photo as a freewill gesture. The 45 minute briefing before visiting the simulator was very informative and packed with detail and, I feel, enhanced the overall experience.

When the time for the flight arrived I was welcomed by Tibor and taken to the simulator and after a brief set-up of the instruments I was flying. Taking off from Salzburg, flying though the snow capped mountains and then landing again at Salzburg. The second flight was out of Chek Lap Kok.and arriving at Kai Tak. The latter airport has always fascinated me having flown in and out of there many times.

I learned an awful lot from the experience particularly about the use of the auto pilot features and Tibor was an excellent tutor with some fun thrown in. I would definitely go again.

Visited June 2014
Biggles737, Owner at Flight Simulators Midlands, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Glad you enjoyed the trip. Or prices for these simulators is about a quarter of what any other simulator company charges on a like for like basis. So I'm afraid although it would be very nice to be able to give the photographs away free, we simply cannot do it. The sales of the photographs allows us to keep a full time technical team on standby to ensure your flight goes smoothly. It is of course entirely optional. If you bought it and would like to return it for a full refund, please send it back to us.
Deddington, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“747 Simulator Coventry”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was my second visit having experienced the 747 simulator three weeks previously and my perseverance for improvement paid off with three trips in and out of Heathrow with Captain Peter Green who was brilliant and extremely thorough and very patient throughout the full hour.
The technical information prior to the simulator was extremely useful and beneficial.
It is expensive but something I've always wanted to do and therefore I feel it's value for money.
The photo will be kept as a souvenir of my visit although I felt the price of £10 was on the high side.
The coffee was free before hand and you will need to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to planned departure time. Captain Chris Rigby runs a very helpful team and I will visit again when I can save the money. I recommend this experience for all budding pilots whatever their age.

Towcester, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“High flight”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Boeing 747 Simulator.
Very good experience with a comprehensive presentation to start. My instructor Julian Wiggin was very knowledgeable and put the instructions clearly and concisely. Only gripe,the hour was over too quickly.

Visited May 2014
Biggles737, Owner at Flight Simulators Midlands, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Good job you took the extra time then. 30 minutes is not enough to enjoy these machines. Glad you enjoyed it - Chris - Captain Chris Rigby
Upton, United Kingdom
“Best birthday present I've had in years”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very friendly staff. Pete Green was wonderful, made me feel totally relaxed and it was GREAT fun. Plus, I didn't crash the Boeing! If you get the chance, DO IT! Really great fun.