“747 sim”

and up
Fly a Real Jet Simulator Around the World at Coventry Airport
Ranked #1 of 18 Fun & Games in Coventry
More attraction details
Owner description: Flight Simulators Midlands are delighted to offer you a thrilling experience on board a real B737-800 motion simulator or a Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jet simulator with simulated motion or an Airbus A320 real aircraft, converted into a simulator. All are fitted with the latest Glass Cockpit Instrumentation (PFD/ND or EFIS)and the latest graphics available. Fly the mountains around Salzburg or the waterways of Hong Kong. These simulators have trained thousands of professional pilots over the years. (They are not replica simulators like many on offer). Now it's your turn to sit where they did and learn the tricks of the trade. We highly recommend a full hours flight time to get the best from your visit. Welcome on board. Captain Chris Rigby (Chief Pilot FSM)
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was bought the experience for a fathers day present, I chose to fly the 747 from Birmingham to Heathrow, i took both my teeenage children to share the whole experence, On arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome and a cup of tea, After a breifing about the controls and basic flying facts, Chris our captain invited us into the sim, everything was explained in calm and professional way, the whole flight was fantastic, chris was very patient considering his pupil was a complete novice, but down to his skill and excellent communication skills we completed the flight without any problems, i would strongly recommend the experience to anyone, thanks chris hope to see you again soon, cheers alan

Chris R, Owner at Flight Simulators Midlands, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Yes I like the Birmingham to Heathrow route. It give sus chance to show you how clever these aircraft are and how we really navigate them to the right place.

Come and have a challenge with the Hong Kong Kai Tak approach next time. -

Captain Chris Rigby

There are newer reviews for Flight Simulators Midlands

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was bought the experience as a birthday present (Thank you Chris). I chose to fly the 747 and thoroughly enjoyed the journey. The pre-flight presentation was very interesting and helped to me to familiarise myself with the cockpit, or the essential parts of it, as well as explaining how all that mass stays up in the air! My instructor was very courteous and made me feel welcome in the cockpit. Despite not having the motion option, I was convinced that 'my plane' was climbing and banking as I moved the controls. My wife sat behind and said afterwards that she felt the same. Would thoroughly recommend this - even on a bright sunny day.

Yes it's amazing how the brain can be fooled into thinking you are on the move. We had a current 747 captain grab one of the seats to stop himself falling over when the simulator was not moving at all. You are not alone!!! - Captain Chris Rigby

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Was bought a half hour session for my birthday and having read recent reviews decided to upgrade to an hour which is something really worth considering. On arrival you are given a briefing (mine was with Chris) followed by an instruction video then its into the simulator with your instructor. Mine was Dave who was really nice and keeps you calm throughout the flight. An hour will give you 2 take offs, flights and landings. You actually get the feeling of flying an aeroplane which is fantastic. This is an experience that will be enjoyed by all. Thanks to all the staff for a really enjoyable day.

Chris R, Owner at Flight Simulators Midlands, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thanks. I'll pass your comments onto Dave. It's always nice for them to know you have had a good time. Perhaps see you again sometime. - Captain Chris Rigby

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was lucky enough to accompany my partner during his one hour on the 737 with Tibor as pilot.
We both thoroughly enjoyed the experience made more enjoyable by the relaxed and professional attitude of Tibor throughout.
We would highly recommend anyone thinking of having this "flight" experience to book an hour as the time absolutely flew.
Also recommend a visit to the café/bar upstairs.

Chris R, Owner at Flight Simulators Midlands, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thanks for that. I'll pass your comments onto Jamie upstairs. It's always nice to know you had a good time. Regards - Captain Chris Rigby

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Did the 747 this morning, A friendly greeting and a cup of tea, I did wonder if the initial pc presentation might be just to kill time, but most of it is essential to the flight part itself, so pay attention ! Our experience in the simulator was great its amazing how your brain can convince you that you are flying over Hong Kong when you are bolted to the floor. The half hour flight is pretty intense with a lot going on, so if you can do an hour that would be better, but if you cant just take a deep breath and go for it.
One final comment, I felt that Chris our instructor gave us have as much help as we needed to enjoy our time, there is a lot to do in the cockpit, and yes some of it is done by the instructor, but this is not your xbox/ps4/pc experience it is way more than that and unless you have done this or similar before you will need the instructors experience to guide you.
Thanks again Captain Rigby (One more for your tally !)

1  Thank Chris C

Thanks Chris. Glad you enjoyed it. Please come back and we'll really challenge you! - Captain Chris Rigby