Review Highlights
Disappointing

Disappointed because most of the gardens no longer exist. Only 1 acre instead of the original 10... read more

Reviewed 13 September 2023
Jacqueline b
Ryton Rediscovered

The original Ryton Organic Gardens (Henry Doubleday Association) were sold to Coventry University... read more

Reviewed 23 August 2023
Tony M
Cheltenham, United Kingdom

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Beautiful walk around the gardens on a lovely sunny day. Will definitely return again in the future.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Had lunch with a friend yesterday and got little change out of £25. We had a hot drink, veggie wrap and fishcakes.

The veggie wrap was a couple of pieces of butternut squash, lettuce, feta cheese (the pesto and onion was hard to detect) I chose side salad and this was £7.50.

The setting is nice and the gardens are viewable from the inside.

The children's area is good for families, but very noisy at times

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Beautiful well-loved and tended natural gardens. There's an excellent cafe too (The Stock Pot). The birds, bees and butterflies love this place too.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

It's been a number of years since I visited these gardens so as I was in the area I thought I would call in. The tickets cost £5 per person to enter.
I did enjoy my visit but I was disappointed to find that none of the plants were labelled. There were two particular plants that I wished to know the name of. I asked the lady on reception and was told that the two plants experts were both at lunch. This was at 1:45 PM.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Taking the in restaurant on its own we have just enjoyed a lovely lunch sat in the garden. On a cooler day I am sure the inside would have been great but sitting outside enjoying a wonderful cup of coffee while we waited a short time for our meals to arrive was lovely. The staff are very helpful and polite and the menu looks well worth another visit or two! Well worth a visit.

Date of experience: May 2017