“Great Food....Great Price...Great Service....SO SO SLOW”
Review of Jeera Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've been fotunate to eat at some great restaurants in my time, especially Indian. One of my favourites is Lasan in Birmingham and Pushkar in Birmingham. I prefer the authenticity of places though like Alfaisals near Ladypool road. Jeera has superb food and great staff but they are just far too slow. We've been 4 times since Oct '13 and each time we've gone in at 7pm and finally got our mains by about 9:30pm. The worse time was a takeaway - ordered at 6pm to make sure they had a good 2 hours before I wanted my food at 8pm....8:30pm came so I decided to ask where it was....'it's on its way' - fantastic! 8:50pm came....'its on its way...' - 'I think it will be cold now,' to which the reply was, let me check it's left the kitchen! 9:05 came.....I rang and asked where it was....they apologised and said 'its on its way....' I said I didn't want it now and to forget it. So I drove round to the chippy and got fish and chips. We finished our dinner and were sat there watching tv and then at 10:30pm.....knock knock....'No way!?' The chap at the door said I'm really sorry were a bit late....I said thanks but we don't want it. He just gave us the food and looked completely apologetic. Please speed up and you would be great!! The reason I'm writing htis is because my wife is babysitting a friends children while the couple go out for a meal at Jeera tonight, they left at 8pm....its now 11:35pm....any guesses for when their back????

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Went on Groupon deal with family, It is attached to a hotel near to Coventry railway station (1km easy walk) towards the Memorial Park on the edge of Earlsdon. They had a big party in so took a while to get seated. However service from then on was very good, good humoured and the food was surprisingly good. Very good value for the food quality. Drinks were also competitively priced.

Décor is a modern but some of the ceilings need an upgrade. Parking really easy in hotel car park. We will be back.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Really good price when you taste how good the food is. Really happy to take last minute bookings, even groupon

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I dined at Jeera on Mother's Day weekend. We had an early table and were the first in the restaurant that evening. The place is lovely - clean, nicely decorated and warm. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Food was great - fresh and hot. Only room for improvement we could note is that the vegetarian selection of starters is very limited - though they were happy to cook almost anything we requested even if not on the menu. Paneer dishes we had were amazing! Will be back again - particularly at their prices!

1  Thank newfie28
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Went here with husband and two children (15,10) for my birthday celebration. They offer fantastic deals with excellent prices. Food, drink and service were fantastic and competitively priced. Parking available and taxi service would be easy to find due to location. Near railway station.