“GREAT PLACE”

Standard Sweet Centre
Ranked #394 of 594 Restaurants in Coventry
Reviewed 6 May 2014

AMAZING.......I have eaten here with my family a few times now and we absolutley love it. The food is great value for money, very very tasty and the customer is fabulous.
We had 5 veg somasas, 5 currys, 4 paratha's, 1 chilli cheese naan and rice for £20!!!! Great price great taste cant beat it!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I had lunch here today. Four wonderful lamb samosas followed by chicken curry and naan bread and all for less than £6. The food is so tasty and of course, I had to buy another 6 lamb samosas to take home. Forget about your Indian takeaways. Make the effort to pick up from here in the evening and heat it up at home. Half the price but twice the taste. Popular with the Asian community as well which is the best sign of how good this place is. First class service, friendly staff. Brilliant

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Amazing food, absolutely delicious. You will never want to eat samosas from a supermarket or overpriced Indian restaurant ever again! So so good. I highly recommend the vegetable samosas, paneer pakoras, chilli paneer and even the mixed vegetable curry is fantastic. I often pop in to get a couple of samosas and come out with loads more because it's so good. And so ridculously cheap for the quality!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This place has been part of the community on the Foleshill Road for over 40 years and they seem to be doing what they always have. They serve lovely home-made snacks and sweets to he Asian community and anyone else who has discovered the place.

What many people may not realise is just how good the place is for an Indian lunch for very little money. There are no frills, you collect your tray of food at the counter, help yourself to cutlery and jugs of water, and sit at formica tables. But if you are a curry-lover this is the place for you.

Today we had a samosa and a pakora each to start. Then I had the 'house' chicken curry with rice, wife had CTM, we shared the aubergine & potato curry with a couple of chapatties. As curries go, they don't get much better whatever you pay for them. We finished with delicious creamy rasmalai. The bill - twelve quid the lot!

Service is quick and functional. The place seems to be busy and buzzing at lunchtime with many people simply dropping in for a drink and a snack. Don't expect tablecloths or waiters in uniform, this is how I remember them doing it in India. There just aren't enough places like this!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Ive been eating food from here for years. I was pleasantly surprised to find them open on Christmas Day morning so I got some samosas and tamarind sauce. Delicious.