“So lovely, it's become a weekly visit!!!”

The Good Honest Food Company
Ranked #46 of 587 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Description: A small cafe in the heart of Allesley Village offering fresh, tasty food and a friendly welcome. We try to use as much locally sourced or locally produced ingredients as possible. All our meat comes from the local butcher, our bread from an independent baker in Kenilworth and our cheese from a small cheesemaker in Earlswood, Solihull. Our tea, coffee and hot chocolate are Fair Trade. We do not use or store any nut products on the premises. We offer gluten free options where possible including gluten free cakes that are made on the premises. All our cakes and sweet treats are made on the premises. We offer a range of Meals to Go to eat at work or home, either fresh or frozen, and we offer a limited local delivery service. We are happy to provide a range of outside catering that will be tailored to your needs.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stumbled across this lovely Tea Shop as it is just round the corner from ny son's playgroup. I went along with another mum her little baby and mine.
We were greeted as we arrived and made to feel very welcome.
The Good is cooked to order and is delicious!
Since that first visit, we now go weekly and as are babies have grown, they now enjoy the toy area that's provided.
I can highly recommend the cinnamon toast and also a round of jam and toast. The jam is the nicest I have ever tasted!!
The meals to go are a great idea and I regularly buy them to keep in the freezer for days when we fancy something different!
The Good Honest Food Company isn't just a Tea Shop, it's become a good friend!!!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Love love love this place! I regularly take my daughter in on my day off. They make a point of getting to know you by name and my daughter is always asked what colour cup and plate she'd like - its the little things! The cakes are beautiful and the food simple and ideal for a light lunch. Extremely reasonably priced!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This cafe has only been open for a short period but has become a local focal point of the community. The food is simple but cooked to a high standard using great ingredients. I have never been let down....and the cakes and other baked goods are as good as you will find anywhere....really they are. But to review the food alone misses the point of the great work being done here. A variety of groups of people meet up for a chat or to carry out some creative work. The work of local artists is displayed on the walls and there is a notice board full of local info and events. Whether you live locally or are passing through, don't miss the cafe that does exactly what it says it will

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Visited this cafe a number of times to both sit in for tea and cake and use the 'meals to go' service (I had chickpea and lentil curry - was delicious!) it's great to have somewhere to go that is so local and friendly. Will definitely be visiting again!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is literally the only place I know in Coventry which sells gluten free, vegetarian ready meals (all made with local, natural produce) - £3 a meal. Today, I bought a mixture of Lebanese vegetable casseroles, and vegetable baltis. They are now in the freezer ready to defrost over the coming week and will make me look like a health guru amongst my friends!

The Good Honest Food Company is far more than a simple café. It is definitely worth a visit to investigate how it can make a positive impact on your own life.