“Groupon Bargain!!!!!!!”
Review of Frango's Restaurant - CLOSED

Frango's Restaurant
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: We aim to bring you tasty, authentic Portuguese inspired dishes. We offer free range chicken and a choice of fresh fish, flame-grilled on our barbecue with a selection of yummy starters and sides to satisfy any appetite! In addition to our delicious mains, all of our breads and desserts are home-made and inspired by traditional Portuguese flavours and created using locally sourced, fresh produce. Why not check out our selection of Portuguese beers & wines to compliment your meal? Then hit our cocktail bar to finish off!
“Groupon Bargain!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I been there yesterday with 7 of my other friends with groupon voucher. As we enter the restaurant we received a nice greeting from a waitress and she took us to our table without any delay. We ordered some starter as it was included with our voucher and we also ordered like 4 half chicken, one fish and three beef steak. The presentation of food was so lovely and all of them were really delicious. All of my friends were really happy although they had to pay bit extra for fish and steak which was mentioned on the deal. After main foods we ordered lemon tart cake and ice cream as a dessert which was really nice. Their service was very good and quick. Compare to money it was really well worthy. Finally, restaurant atmosphere and decoration is so lovely. We definitely gonna come back again!!!! :)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the nicest place i visited in Coventry”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It was about a month ago when I visited some of my friends at Coventry. I went down there a long way from Aberdeen, Scotland. I was so hungry and tired from the journey that I badly needed a tranquil place to have lunch and enjoy the time with my friends. I phoned them to meet me at the city centre and asked them to suggest me some restaurants where we can visit. They were really confused as there are so many in Coventry. We were walking down the road and saw Frangos which was quite fancy and well decorated and I have never been to Frangos earlier. I went to Nandos for portugese dishes but thats it... I have never tried others. After we enter the Fragos, we really enjoyed the environment. The service was excellent and the food was exquisite especially the starter and chicken wrap (my favorite). I even can say I will now choose Frangos over Nandos.. especially at Coventry, due to their hospitality and their delicious meal. You wont believe me until you try it!!!!!!

• Visited June 2014
Thank mostofas1 .
“Superb...”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

It was first visit for me to the very well decorated restaurant,though my friends have been many times,both the food and service was excellent.I had steak with peppercorn sauce.Other friends had a beautiful fish dish,and one had their special Frango's half chicken,all enjoyable. Lovely choice of cakes, I had a lemon cake(yummy). The friendliness there was fab.Yes I would visit again to one of the best restaurant in the city.

“Frang-tastic!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Went on Trip Advisor to choose a restaurant in Coventry and despite recent reviews to the contrary we (party of 6) we very happy with the overall experience. The staff were uber friendly and accommodating and the food was good. To the point where we actually got some free starters as we went during the Islamic time of eating after fasting!! I am not sure I see any issues with the type of meat served as long as it is high quality and tasty!! (#findushorsemeat!!). Coventry in my experience seems to be a very diverse student town and caters for all needs. I believe that the local Nandos is also a 'Halal' establishment. if its the killing of animals you are worried about then eating meat is probably not for you!! Frangos was good value for money and a nice evening out. Thanks in part to the Manager, Taz! Will be back...

2 Thank Christian S
Coventry, United Kingdom
“not sure what they're trying to do!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Visited here afew months back hoping for either an authentic Portuguese grill or a Nandos-esque establishment. Unfortunately it was neither, people expecting Nandos would not enjoy their home made disaster 'peri-peri' sauce (never tasted worse). The bife steak was a good piece of steak but the menu was very misleading in suggesting I could pick how spicy it was cooked (suggesting it was a prego) yet it was just a plain steak not seasoned at all. I had a side of sweet potato in a honey sauce - this was okay but the sauce was far too sickly.

I write this review in hope that the owners realise that they're trying to do far too much and as a result deliver far too little! Massive disappointment won't be visiting again.

• Visited November 2013