“Food is nice but service is poor and very slow”
Review of Shakes 'N' Bakes - CLOSED

Shakes 'N' Bakes
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Coventry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is nice but service is poor and very slow”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Me my wife and my 8 month old son ate here, ordered a plain pitta bread with salad (asked for no sauce as it was for 8 month old), it came after few minutes opened it up to find sweet chilli sauce. took it back and explained that it was for a baby. Gave me the correct 1 after. I ordered Cajun chicken steak with rice and chips and my wife ordered a Panini. I had to go up and ask for knife & fork for my steak, It wasn't busy so we thought it wouldn't take too long. Food came after 40 minutes, so very very long wait. but food was very nice. 4 star for food, 1 star for service. Overall 3 star

• Visited October 2013

United Kingdom
“extremely slow service but good food”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have mixed feelings about this place.

POSITIVES: The decor is nice - I love the pink seats. The place is kept clean.The food is delicious and you receive a decent sized portion. The desserts are amazing.

NEGATIVES: The service is painfully slow. I have been twice and on both occasions I had to wait an hour for my food even though it was quiet. On one hand this suggests they do indeed make everything fresh. However, I feel they could be much quicker.

• Visited February 2014
“Ridiculous”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

After ordering just desserts and shakes online, we have waited over an hour for delivery. Has already been paid for so can't cancel. Contact number not answered. Disgusting service.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank kirstie831
Coventry, United Kingdom
“My New Favourite place”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I am so glad I found this gem of a place I cannot get enough of it now, the ferrero rocher cookie dough is the best thing I've ever had EVER!!! Although I haven't eaten a main course here...mainly due to the fact I cant get enough of their deserts, they look amazing when other people order them and all I have heard is good things!! myself and my friends have literally told everyone about this place it needs to be known by everyone.....not so much we lose our booth though haha! if you haven't tried here make sure it's the next place you visit!!!! Howdeez has a lot of catching up to do!

• Visited January 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“American Diner/Steakhouse with a twist”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Absolutely the best meal I have ever had. Initially looked like an American diner for fast food, but the menu is exhaustive and presentation 5/5, quality of food 5/5 service 5/5, The steak was well done, tasty and on a charcoal slate which was novel, the fries arrived perfectly crisp draped in a mini bucket (novel) and the Madinah shake I had....wow...dates and figs in the shake were amazing. The family also enjoyed their meals, with the King Kong burger ginormous and chicken fillet steaks just right. Total bill was a surprise and good value too. Would definitely recommend

• Visited November 2013