Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,040 results
All reviewscellar barfairways restaurantgolf breakdual carriagewaymain buildingsauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesleisure clubroad noisechanging roomsrestaurant staffcourse dinnerchristmas partybed and breakfastwedding venueone night staywedding reception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2013

One of the few places i felt at home with staff happy and very helpful,the golf course very good the food and drink abit pricey but all in all aplace that i and my group of golfers would and will return WELL DONE windmill village

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have just spent the weekend at the Best Western Plus in Coventry and I am seriously unimpressed with the food. As a vegetarian my "Lack of option" was cheese for every meal. Friday night was risotto with feta cheese repeated for sunday lunch - the tomato sauce was dry and tasted like it came from a well known bottle normally served with chips, no veg was included. Saturday lunch was salad with feta cheese or rather half a bowl of sliced raw onion with leaves as a garnish and a greasy pre applied dressing. Saturday dinner was penne pasta with blue cheese sauce, I chose to have the 3 side dishes instead, salad, chips and veg. Sunday lunch was a repeat of Friday dinner. I regularly had to ask the staff where my meal was as the rest of the table
were served and their food cooling while they politely waited for mine to be delivered.

The Best Western message is clear, vegetarians are an annoyance that they cannot be bothered to cater for, the food is boring, repetitive, unhealthy and has no options. The chef is unable to think beyond rice/pasta with tomato/cheese sauce.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolyn C
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Ours was but a flying visit used as a base the night before our daughter's graduation at Warwick University. Due to significant travel delays we only arrived at 11.20pm and we had to check out by 8.30am to be at the University.

We had a really nice and spacious family room (Number 3) - front facing with timber beams. Despite the outside hot temperatures the room was comfortable with a fan, if needed. The main road was busy in the early morning so you had to keep the window closed. As you would expect of a golf course, the grounds were well kept even if the road was a little bumpy.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean and well equipped. There was a hot and cold buffet breakfast of reasonable quality - with all the basic needs but nothing special. Great views from the dining room of the golf course and Warwick countryside. Some areas were under refurbishment.

We would consider returning if we needed a hotel in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank David_B-Billericay
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed for one night but would have no problem staying longer.
We were in room 215 overlooking the golf course which was nice the room had all the usual amenities and was very clean,Yes there we're a few stains on the carpet but as I only ever walk on it i dont see it as a problem,because of the exceptional weather we are having at the moment it was hot in the room even though they had drawn the curtains ,we opened the windows then went and ased if they had a fan we could use,we went for a drink and when we returned to our room there was a fan already working,couldn't ask for more,I did notice someone moan about the duvet in this weather,maybe they should have done what we did, remove it!.
We ate at the cellar bar,we both had Gammon and chips and it was very good, service was maybe a little slow and it was a bit pricey, a pint of Guinness was £3.90,but to be expected in these hotels.
The staff where all friendly and helpful.
The swimming pool was nothing special but served it's purpose.
Breakfast was excellent, self service and a very good selection, cereal, fruit,yougart, full English breakfast, the food was nice and hot, orange tea etc.
All in all we had an enjoyable stay and would most certainly return,the only reason it does not get an excellent is it's price for food and drink.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank brilin
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I left an item in my room after my stay, and called when I got home to arrange its return.
The front desk, although polite enough, couldn't help and put me through to housekeeping, who didn't answer and there was not the option of leaving a message. I was put through to housekeeping six times over two days with the same result.
The front desk were unable to take a message for some reason, so I used the website to email the manager. I did this twice with no reply, until, 3 weeks after my first phone call, I was contacted to say they had found the item and we're going to charge me a ridiculous amount for its return (£10 to post a phone charger)
The worst example I have ever come across of poor communication and one department not talking to another. I was there for a works conference, and we took over 30 rooms at great expense. We won't be going back next year

Stayed: June 2013