Stayed 7th and 8th December 2013 on a Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal deal.
Check in was first class.
Our room was in one of the chalets. Clean, modern and well serviced, with the advantage of car parking directly outside the room.
Perhaps the downside for some people, would be, going outside to get to the main building for the bar and restaurant. Not a pleasant walk if it was raining.
The bar area is large and does serve food if you are not using the restaurant. The actual bar itself, although clean, is very uninviting, and on the Saturday night we stayed, due to lots of functions, there was a long queue, and initially, only one person serving.
Restaurant is a large room with lots of windows overlooking the golf course and main road. It is obvious, that having no curtains, it can get chilly in really cold weather, and to supplement the central heating they have portable electric radiators dotted around.
The evening menu is short, but very well presented and cooked. If fact, some of the best food we have eaten out in a long time, so praise to Kyle and Steve the chefs. Although some of the sauces tried, were a little heavy on the salt content. But that is a personal opinion.
Add to that, the delightful Nikki, our evening waitress, the evening meal was thoroughly enjoyable.
Now we come to breakfast. Lots of people staying overnight Saturday, so Sunday breakfast was self service. It was good, plentiful and what you needed.
Monday was a different story. Not many for breakfast, so no self service, breakfast was cooked to order. Only around 10 people in the restaurant. Waitress took my order, then just ignored me for the next 25 mins. Asked, where my breakfast was, to have her then disappear in to the kitchen. 5 mins later she is back to tell me they had lost the order. So she had her pad out to take the order again. Bare in mind, there were only around 10 other people in the restaurant, not only had they lost my order, she couldn't even remember what I had ordered. By then, time was getting tight, told her I wanted to see the manager. Manager apologetic, took the breakfast charge off my bill, but due to time, I got no breakfast ……. Breakfast waiting staff badly let down the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have the most luxurious rooms available for weekend breaks and business stays in the Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull and the NEC area. Unlike most luxury hotels we also boast golf courses, a health club and a leisure club. You will find that unlike most hotels you will have the opportunity to relax, play sport and dine in fine style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Windmill Village Hotel Golf And Leisure Club
- Windmill Village Coventry