I stayed here for their 3 night Christmas residential break which was great value for money. I couldn’t believe how few people had taken advantage of this offer. Most people staying had brought their dogs, which are welcome in the bar. Service was excellent, all the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. There are great views over the golf course and surrounding countryside from the lounge, some rooms and the restaurant. The swimming pool and sauna were lovely and this is the first hotel I have stayed at in the UK where I did not have to wait for someone to be at the desk to give me a towel. The pool is easy to get in and out of but there are steps from the changing room to the pool. Take a £1 coin for the lockers; there is shower gel, hairdryers and bags for your wet gear. I liked the number of different seating areas available around the hotel. Food in the restaurant was great and always piping hot. Water in the refurbished bathroom was also piping hot and it had a lovely heated towel rail. You get a shower hat, shampoo, conditioner, soap, body cream, body wash and there is a shaving mirror. In the room there is a trouser press as well as an iron/board. There was a lot of storage in the room, as well as a table, 2 armchairs, chair for the desk, flat screen TV with programme guide, ample tea/coffee/chocolate/milk/biscuits, tissues and a spare blanket. I particularly liked the fact you could open the windows and turn off the heating. In the bar the pots of tea are huge – each is 3 cups. At reception there was a bowl of satusmas and chocolates which was a nice touch. The restaurant can be a bit chilly in the evenings and very sunny in the day – they could do with investing in some blinds. There are lots of steps around the hotel and some rooms are a long way from the health club/restaurant/bar so it may not be suitable for some. The location is also not ideal if you want to go into Coventry as there is no right turn onto the dual carriageway. There is a lovely walk through the countryside round the far side of the golf course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have the most luxurious rooms available for weekend breaks and business stays in the Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull and the NEC area. Unlike most luxury hotels we also boast golf courses, a health club and a leisure club. You will find that unlike most hotels you will have the opportunity to relax, play sport and dine in fine style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Windmill Village Hotel Golf And Leisure Club
- Windmill Village Coventry