We had a lovely stay at the Windmill Village, however we thought the drinks were extortionate at £4.90 for a gin and tonic (single!). My friend ordered a pork baguette from the bar which she sent back as it was totally tasteless - they refunded her. Garlic bread and cheesy chips were good.
We enjoyed the evening meal and the braised beef was totally delicious but there could have been more veg and more than one potato croquette. Pear crumble was equally delicious. Top marks - just wanted more!
We went to bed around midnight and found the bed to be very soft and quite uncomfortable. Our friends said their bed was comfy so maybe we were just unlucky. We were rudely awoken by a fire alarm around 2.30am which was unfortunate - apparently someone was smoking in their room and it went off 4 times! The room was so hot I ended up leaving the balcony door wide open after I was woken up.
We went to the spa in the morning and Paige was lovely and I had a great massage and pedicure followed by a delicious breakfast after which we departed. The prices at the spa were reasonable and well worth the money.
For what we paid we were happy with our stay but had we paid a lot more I may have been disappointed.
Our husbands enjoyed the golf course which was right outside the hotel and we watched them tee off from the bar (especially my husband as he won!).
Would recommend and go again but ask for a quiet room as ours was just off reception and lots of people walking about and talking till about 3 am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have the most luxurious rooms available for weekend breaks and business stays in the Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull and the NEC area. Unlike most luxury hotels we also boast golf courses, a health club and a leisure club. You will find that unlike most hotels you will have the opportunity to relax, play sport and dine in fine style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Windmill Village Hotel Golf And Leisure Club
- Windmill Village Coventry