I had to check online to see what "Plus" actually meant and I can only conclude it is the fact there is a golf course.
The Best Western chain is a franchise set up and, to me, seems to have the most inconsistent standards.
On the plus side the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was quiet and free wifi worked well. On the less positive side the room was tired and the hotel generally dated. And on the real negative side the guy that served me in the cellar bar was totally miserable and barely found the need to grunt. An even bigger impact than a dated hotel.
Food was OK but nothing more than that. Nice view over the golf course at breakfast.
Also be aware that (unless I missed something or sat nav tricked me) you have to drive 3-4 miles away from Coventry and come back on yourself if you are planning to head to Coventry when leaving the hotel.
A chain I rarely use but one I know needs a good bit of research before booking because of its inconsistent standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have the most luxurious rooms available for weekend breaks and business stays in the Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull and the NEC area. Unlike most luxury hotels we also boast golf courses, a health club and a leisure club. You will find that unlike most hotels you will have the opportunity to relax, play sport and dine in fine style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Windmill Village Hotel Golf And Leisure Club
- Windmill Village Coventry