“Noises and disruptive guests”

Premier Inn Coventry East (Binley/A46) Hotel
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Noises and disruptive guests”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I personally had a good stay with no problems,however one of my colleagues had to endure noisey neighbours on both nights of his stays.He naturally phoned the number on the room card only to discover that I was unobtainable.He then phoned the duty manager,only to find that the call went straight to answer phone.
He then complained at reception,only to be threatened with the police by the young inexperience idiot on reception........some good nights guarantee he got.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Friendly reception, room spotless as always. The big new TVs are good too!

Only small gripe is that the breakfast in TGI Fridays was a bit chaotic and slow ... and when you are there for business you don't really want to wait 20+ mins for a bit of bacon and egg.

Can't blame the staff for this - just weren't enough of them given how full the hotel was.

Room Tip: In the winter not so important as the triple glazing works well to stop the noise of the A46 - but i...
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in February 2014 when I had business in the area. It is a bit hard to find as it is tucked away behind TGIF at a roundabout. My sat nav took me to the Rugby Road on the other side of the roundabout. Look for the TGIF as it's very well lit up at night. (Premier Inn in general could do with brighter, better lit signs on the road side.)
The room was really clean and comfortable - just what I expect from Premier Inn.
My only problem was with the thermostat which woke me on the second night with loud clicking. This continued every minute or two so I did not get a good nights sleep. I mentioned it at reception and was a bit surprised when the receptionist asked me if I am a light sleeper. I'm not. You only have to Google 'Premier Inn clicking thermostats' so see that this is an ongoing problem with Premier Inn and that many people have made the same complaint in Premier Inns all over the country. For the next 3 nights I kept the heater turned off at the wall and they brought me a plug in electric heater which I didn't use as the room was warm enough. As I was checking out I reminded the receptionist (same one) and she said she would honour the Premier Inn 'Good night's sleep guarantee' and refund me for that night. I checked out a week ago and I'm still waiting for the refund. I have emailed Premier Inn but have not had a reply.
Other than this problem my stay was fine and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I would have put 5 for sleep quality and for the overall rating but for the clicking thermostat. My...
England
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Staff really helpful and make your stay so much more pleasant than at the other more budget chain. Rooms up to usual Premier standard and TGI Fridays great for breakfast (kids eat free). Outstanding value if you get one of the saver offers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Southampton
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just wanted to thank Rob & Martyn who worked the night Reception shift on Sat 8th Feb. We had a family emergency and these two guys were fantastic. The staff are all very polite and helpful at this hotel

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night at the premier inn. The room was lovely. It was large and clean. The bed was comfy. The only small problem was the kettle took ages to boil then it didn't stop boiling until I pushed the lid down so I think the kettle needs replacing, also the toilet roll dispenser was a little temperamental. The staff were helpful and friendly. Plenty of car parking spaces and ideal location with plenty of shops within walking distance. We was told on booking in that tgi gets very busy but we did not venture in. We would stay again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Clean,near Leamington Spa and Rugby club.Hotel was fine .The restaurant TGI Friday good for breakfast but absolutely packed and noisy at night with locals.I guess it depends what you want but we wanted to go out to different places so didn't really affect us.There is a quiet pub over the road.Good location for travel and road links.Friendly staff,nothing too much trouble.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Coombe Abbey Hotel
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Ibis Coventry Centre
Ibis Coventry Centre
#16 of 39 in Coventry

Been to Premier Inn Coventry East (Binley/A46) Hotel? Share your experiences!