Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry
US$87
US$88
US$78
1,199 results
All reviewscar parkcity centregood sizering roadice hockeybusiness triprooms are spacioustop floorclean hotelreception staffwould stay againshort staybreakfast was excellentcomfy bedbar areastayed here for one nightikea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Plus points :-
Great central location - 15 minute walk to City Centre
Secure car parking on site (£4.50 per 24 hours)
Excellent value for money - my wife & I paid £44 per room per night for a double room at the weekend & £59 mid week ( booked via 'laterooms.com' )
Room was clean and a reasonable size
Choice of Bangladeshi / Indian / Thai restaurants right on the doorstep, as well as a convenience store and a 'no frills' cafe (if you prefer a cheaper, but still very good, breakfast).
Terrific views over the City, if you are fortunate enough to secure a room fairly high up on the City Centre (Cathedral) side.
Minus points :-
Despite requesting a non-smoking room - previous occupant had obviously been smoking - smell was immediately evident upon entering.
Bed was not very comfortable - mattress was in need of renewing and the pillows were were quite firm (I ended up with a stiff neck after three nights)
BBC News 24 and Sky News, together with BBC Radio 1 & 2 etc are not provided as part of the standard package. These are all 'free to view' channels - how can the hotel charge you to watch / listen to, basic 'free' channels ??
We were charged for two additional breakfasts when we checked out - no problem with that - mistakes happen - but it was the attitude of the male receptionist that annoyed me - with regard to his NVC's - he might as well have stated "you are a liar" to my wife, when she pointed out that we hadn't taken breakfast one morning. Definitely short of some 'customer skills' training - took the edge off our stay - and and let down his colleagues, who were otherwise very good ........
Summary :-
Very good value compared to Premier Inns / Travelodges etc - At the prices charged, I would return to this hotel and would recommend it to my colleagues / friends.

Room Tip: Go for highest room possible, on the City Centre (Cathedral) side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Mike_Shaw_Ram, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear HondaSP2,

Thankyou for your very detailed review, it is always a pleasure to read that guests have enjoyed their stay with us.

Since your visit we have upgraded our TV system, which is now fully HD quality, wi-fi has been installed throughout the property aswell further enhancing our guest experience.

We strongly believe in offering the best value for money for all our guests, and your comments regarding the customer care from reception have been resolved.

We very much look forward to you visiting again, and do let me know when you next plan to visit, it is always nice to meet my regular guests.

mshaw@ramadacoventry.co.uk

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Pros:
Guest room good, large, well presented, and with useful desk.
Central location, with several choices of restaurant and a convenience store across the road.
Functions manager, odd-job man, and serving staff very friendly and helpful.
Refreshments provided during function were very good value.

Cons:
Reception staff need better training and could have been friendlier.
Not all information was passed on between departments leading to some confusion.
Carpark not obvious or easy to find.
Hot buffet breakfast removed one hour before advertised closing times, and cooks did not respond to calls - although once a member of the serving staff was tracked down this issue was resolved.
Bar closed quite early on Friday and Saturday nights considering the number of guests.
Wi-fi in public areas does not allow non-web traffic which is an issue for those on business trying to access corporate intranets.

Overall:
Quite a good hotel which has improved on its service since 2010 and seems intent on continuing improvements. I'd be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Mike_Shaw_Ram, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Thankyou so much for your review, it is always nice to recieve feedback as it enables us as a team to continue to listen to our guests and improve our services and product range.

I will most definately pass on your comments to my team, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Coventry and showcase the further improvements we have planned over the coming twelve months.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2011

i regularly visit Coventry with business and have stayed at this hotel at least ten times. The staff are always very good and the restaurant has recently changed and is good reasonably priced.

If one likes indian food there are good examples nearby.

Car parking is on-sight and only £4.50 24hrs

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank hexaminer

Thank you for your recent post on Trip advisor, we are very proud of the services and product we offer, as a team we encourage guest feedback as it continually enables us to listen to our guests and improve upon our very high standards of service.

Thank you also for your aknowledgment of the changes to our restaurant, the team in Stresa Restaurant and Bar will be very pleased to read your review.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Coventry on your next trip.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

try the fish and chips its excellent must have had it 6 times in two weeks , staff were very friendly and helpful .. breakfast was good too ..

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank marto1980

Thank you so much for your review, it is always a pleasure to read how we have made a real difference for our guests.

I wish you well and hope to see you return soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 July 2011

Poor location - area isn't very nice.
Room looked tired, walls were marked.
Air con did not work. Despite 16 degrees it was still warm.
Air con vibrated so much it woke me up at 3am so it had to go off, but then too hot to sleep.
It took me 20 mins to check out and when I complained to the manager, all I was offered was £4.50 off for the car parking.
At breakfast when I asked for poached eggs, apparently the chef wasn't around (cigarette break?) so
I'd have to wait 15 mins.
In all, rubbish and I wouldn't recommending staying here.

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincerest apologies that your experience was anything less than our usually high standards of service. As a team we do read and review all our guest reviews on Trip advisor, and it fully enables us to carefully address any issues that may on occasion arise.

If you do wish to contact me personally, please feel free to do so.

I wish you well and do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.