“Good hotel”

Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel looks a little dingy from the outside but is nice once you get inside. Fairly good location, you can walk to the city centre or grab one of the many taxis around the area. Rooms are really nice, comfortable with all the commodities you'd expect; iron, tea and coffee, shower gel etc. Breakfast is lovely! Cooked breakfast, yoghurt, fruit, pastries, cereals, nuts and dried fruit to top your yoghurt or cereal. Food in the hotel restaurant is good too. I've stayed in this hotel twice and would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Greek first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel is in a good location for walking into the town centre but the surrounding roads are a bit rough. The welcome was good and we were asked if we had any preference of floor. I said no and was offered a room on the 16th floor which did indeed have panoramic views. The room was nice and clean, the bed was comfortable and generally fairly standard. The problem came when, after coming back from our evening out, we went to bed around midnight and all we could hear was a horrific, constant churning, clanking and whurring of the three lifts going up and down. I don't know whether we were near the motor room or just too near the lift shaft. I went to talk to the guy on reception who just shrugged and said that it would eventually slow down, there was nothing he could do and people did sometimes complain about the noise. It didn't slow down. Luckily, he rang up about twenty minutes later and said he could move us as someone had double booked. On the 7th floor you could still hear the same noise, just not as bad so thankfully we got to sleep!! I dread to think what kind of night it would have been for a stroke of luck.

Room Tip: The suites are huge, just stay away from the top floors!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Chartham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here overnight for a friend's wedding.

The hotel is walking distance from the train station and city centre - being 16 floors high you can't miss it either, so good for Coventry first-timers.

A warm welcome, very clean room and bathroom. Beds were comfy, great shower, big TV with lots of channels, iron, ironing board and hairdryer. The windowsill needed a lick of paint, but that didn't really bother me - not at the price I paid.

We had a corner room with huge windows that offered an amazing view of the city, shame it's Coventry!

We pre-booked our room and got great value for money - I suggest you do the same. Didn't try out the restaurant or bar, so couldn't comment.

Room Tip: Corner suites could give you a great view of Coventry, if you like concrete.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bazroy99
Stewarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Very pleased with location..5 mins walk to city centre. Initially did not fancy being on 16 floor but what a view of the town. Reception staff very helpful with luggage. Breakfast very good and again staff helpful. Car park right next to hotel ..very convenient.

• Stayed October 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel for several days while we were in Coventry. The room was good and clean. The hotel had a parking facility next to the hotel so it was very convenient parking the car. the hotel was within walking distance from the city center. In the hotel, the wifi was available, free of charge and the Internet performance was good. The food at the hotel restaurant was excellent. I especially liked the breakfast especially the croissants. The cost was very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Devon
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed for two nights on business, hotel chosen by employer.

My room was supposed to be non smoking, but as soon as I opened the door a wall of stale cigarette aroma hit me. I went down to reception & was asked if I wanted the room re-freshed. As the windows didn't open, that would have presumably meant a member of staff just spraying something into the room!!!! I asked for another room & was given one on the same floor. In the bathroom I found a used tooth pick next to the tissue dispenser.

I asked to see the Duty Manager & reported both incidents.

On the first night we ate in Strasa, the hotel's Italian restaurant. Service a little slow, & the portions not large, but the food was excellent & well presented. Although when I ordered gooseberry fool for dessert, I wasn't expecting gooseberries & custard, however beautifully served in a small Kilner jar.

I had a good size room with a king size bed. The shower cubicle was large, but the towels provided were frayed and thin.

Breakfast is served buffet style, there was nothing visible that stated what was also available on request, so you'll need to ask for porridge etc.

Location of hotel is about 15 mins walk from the railway station, not very central & not in a particularly inviting part of Coventry, surrounded by student accommodation.

The staff I encountered were friendly & helpful, but due to the poor housekeeping I experienced I wouldn't return to this hotel. I would rather stay in Birmingham & travel 20mins by train to Coventry (fare £3.10 - £4.30)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank devonbeauty
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Pleasent staff. Very welcoming.relaxed atmosphere in the bar area. Food slightly expensive but very tasteful. Very helpful staff, lovely to talk to as I was on my own, so kelly made me feel at home. Definately stay again whilst visiting friends here.

• Stayed September 2013