“EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY”

Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This was a £109 deal which included dinner on the first night and breakfast on two mornings for the two of us and indeed it was superb value.
Very warm welcome at reception upon arrival - great room on the 13th floor with a fabulous view of the City. Every member of staff we encountered - restaurant, bar and housekeeping were all so friendly and professional. Dinner in the restaurant was first rate with a delightful young lady from Hungary looking after us who didn't even want to accept a tip and breakfast, delicious- it was a buffet but was kept remarkably hot.
Special mention must go to housekeeping - the whole place was immaculate and so clean. You could happily have eaten from the bedroom carpet and I had to do it - I ran fingers over every picture and corner, not a speck of dust anywhere.
With the deal we had you can't go wrong but with the standards here, it would have been worth double.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Mike_Shaw_Ram, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2011

Thank you for your very kind comments, we pride ourselves on achieving high standards, and its always nice for my team to recieve feedback as we strive for even higher standards.

I very much look forward to having opportunity in welcoming you back on your next visit to coventry.

I will certainly pass on your review to my team, whom always like to know we achieved our goals of exceeded our guest expectations.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

I was somewhat apprehensive having read the reviews on here about the hotel but decided to make my own mind up.

Where's the problem people?

I had a lovely, warm welcome at Reception who fulfilled my request for a non smoking high floor room. Check in was efficient.

My studio (junior suite?) was lovely. Absolutely spotless, very comfortable and well thought out. The decor was elegant and spacious. The living area had a two seater sofa which was very comfortable, the flat screen TV (limited channels) could swivel to face the bedroom or the lounge.

The bathroom was again, spotless and the shower was large and very powerful. Perfect.

The bed was comfortable but as an arthritis sufferer, I would recommend pillows from home - in the hotel, one was not enough and two were too many so I did struggle with comfort somewhat.

The hotel has subsidised car parking at a very reasonable £4.50/day and you are free to come and go as you please.

Opposite the hotel are some eateries - I chose the Istanbul - please make sure you choose it too - the food is really rather delicious - i ate in one night and had takeaway the second and it was of consistent high quality and excellent value for money. There is also a late shop which is great to pop into for a cold drink etc for your room if the hotel bar is not your scene.

The hotel's charge for breakfast was far too much in my opinion and I chose to have a room only basis.

Having said that - I was offered a 10% on all food and drink purchases in the hotel.

The hotel itself is well situated for exploring the local area. I went to Stratford which was a pleasant but short 25 minute drive away.

Thumbs up all round I think - I would most certainly go back.

Oh - and for those who complained about the lift noise in other reviews - yes - it is audible - but it is neither disturbing or distracting.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Mike_Shaw_Ram, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Thank you for your very warm comments, feedback is always nice to receive as we as a team always strive for the best possible service and standards.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to coventry, and hope next time you will choose to dine with our restaurant too, we have a new breakfast and evening offer launching very soon.

I will pass on your review to my team, whom always like to know we exceeded our guest expectations.

Reviewed 29 November 2010

drinking your drinks in the bar with your coats on because somebody obviously could not find the heating thermostat, only place warm was the lift but got a bit sick after 5 mins going up and down trying to thaw out covers on bed turned under the mattress so found out to late to stop frost bite as room thermostat was on blink as well. High spot of the visit was breakfast on the Sunday morning in the restaurant. The breakfast solidified on the plate before you could sit down and eat it due to sub-zero temperatures , made more difficult by the fact that woollen gloves inhibit the use of cutlery and frozen noses make the food taste like cardboard. The only upside was the toast machine which gave out heat while you had to double toast it. Was warmer outside having a cigarette than inside drinking rapidly cooling hot drinks. Srangely reception desk was the only warm place, book that instead of a room

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Mike_Shaw_Ram, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2010

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ramada Hotel and Suites in Coventry. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter.

Feel free to call me on 02476 238110 or email me on mshaw@ramadacoventry.co.uk to discuss this further.

Reviewed 2 November 2010

The room was clean and reasonably basic, but the plumbing was incredibly noisy, and woke me up several times during the night. This coupled with the light from the hallway spilling into the room from under the door made it difficult to sleep.

The internet in my room did not work and despite several calls to reception and assurances that this would be remedied, the connection was not fixed during my 4 night stay, meaning I had to work in the evenings using the free (but very slow) WiFi in the bar/restaurant area.

The food quality and service in the restaurant were average. There were a lot of dirty tables (both in the evening at breakfast) which staff were not able to clear quickly enough to prevent a queue of diners forming. The room service menu was very limited although the menu in the main restaurant was considerably better.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ramada Hotel & Suites in Coventry.

I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and as the newly appointed General Manager I have passed on your comments to all my hotel team, I would really like the opportunity to review your comments with you.

Please call me on 02476 238110 or email me on mshaw@ramadacoventry.co.uk to discuss this further.

Mike Shaw
Ramada Hotel and Suites (Coventry)

Reviewed 3 October 2010

I booked this room only at the last minute. We arrived and had to go through all the same details I had through the internet the previous day.
Upon arrival in the room the points below were evident:
- Grubby room
- Black dirty marks on the walls
- Small window with minimal light
- Very off white voile curtains
- Small room
Upon returning to the reception I was disgraced with the attitude of the "manager" who dealt with my situation. She was rude, condacending and unhelpful.
My partner advised me that the plant pots in the reception area actually contained rubbish on the tops!.
I am a well travelled individual and never complain. I only complain when hotels give reason.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

As newly appointed hotel General Manager I would really cherish the opportunity to dicuss with you your recent stay, I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness.

Mike Shaw
Ramada Hotel and Suites (Coventry)

Reviewed 2 October 2010

Hi, as almost always, i have no choice where i stay, i'm booked by the company i am working for. That said, i do not usually have high expectations of any of the usual chain hotels in city centres. Arrived at the Ramada after a long days work, and was dealt with swiftly at reception, soon in my room, which was actually a suite, could have almost had a game of cricket in it , very clean and comfortable.
Hungry as ever, i was soon in the restaurant, again i never have much hope of anything in this type of hotel, but once again i was wrong, had the full monty, and have to say both the quality of the meal, and the service was superb. It really makes a pleasant change to have something positive to say about such an establishment, would certainly stay again, and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Ramada Hotel and Suites in Coventry.

Reviewed 26 September 2010

We always stay at the Ramada when we visit family in Coventry. The staff on the desk are so helpful and polite and the rooms are reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. We had a suite last time and it was huge!! Obviously the views are not going to be exotic....but if you are on business or visiting friends or family stay here! It's also a bonus that they welcome dogs and we always take our little fury family member which takes the hassel out of leaving him at home with friends! Our family who all live in Cov are booking to stay in October...another family event ! Also, for those who love curry, the national dish, there is an amazing restaurant just outside the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

I really appreciate your very kind comments, we value all feedback and im sure my team will be most pleased to read your review.

Im glad to here that you and your family had decided to stay with us again in October and trust that you enjoyed your stay.

We are reviewing all our food and beverage offerings in the new year, so be sure to give our restaurant a try next visit.

Kindest Regards