“Not a planned visit”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Not a planned visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great that we could just walk in, straight forward - pick up a menu, order a drink, find a table, order at bar when ready. The menu is on a Tex-Mex theme, thankfully the decor is a little more reserved - just a themed wall-hanging and fake cactus wearing a sombrero? OH had the fish and chips, could have paid for bigger portion but it didn't need it, the fish was huge, food presented with the fries in a wire 'frying' basket. I went for the classic burger, to my preference it was a little pink, but now know for next time - ask for well done, but very tasty. Could also have had an extra patty for a few quid more but again didn't need it. The staff where very attentive and helpful, especially considering the excellent value for money the food is. We're both looking forward to going again next time we visit the theatre.

• Visited April 2014

United Kingdom
“Handy pre-theatre dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

On a cold, wet evening it was great not to have to pound the streets of Coventry in search of a restaurant in the area around the Belgrade Theatre. B4 is right inside. The room is nicely done with well-spaced, reasonably sized tables and comfortable banquettes.

It can get fairly busy after 6.30 pm, when service becomes a little more stretched. We found it fine arriving after catching the Belgrade Plaza car park 'flat rate' parking fee for theatre patrons, which cuts in at 5.30 pm, so ended up ordering our food in B4 between 5.45 and 6.00 pm. There was no problem with restaurant service at this time.

The Mexican-style food was hot and plentiful. Fajitas were good and spicy, served with guacamole, sour cream and tomato salsa, but the tortillas were a little hard. My dining companion had the fish and fries, which were pronounced to be acceptable. Mains seemed to be better value than the starters - skins with pulled BBQ pork and cheese were noticeably lacking in pork, prawns in filo were OK but the ubiquitous sweet chilli sauce with them was boring, taquitos were reasonable and tempura vegetables were good. The salad garnish that came with dishes was very fresh.

This was not fine dining but for an early light meal in a pleasant environment, with the convenience of being situated within the theatre, it served us well.

• Visited February 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good value on the spot pre-show meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I've had many good experiences at B4 Grill and I really like the fact that it is in the theatre which means there is no need to add travel time. I've stuck to the Tex Mex dishes and enjoyed them all - especially the faitas. You do need to leave plenty of time - it's not a fast food joint so I'd recommend getting there at 6pm. On the whole the service I've experienced has been good but I guess if there is a rush on the kitchen might get a bit overwhelmed. But eating at pub prices, on site, is just great.

• Visited January 2014
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Great Idea But Poor Service and Poor Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We thought this would be a great idea, have a quick meal at the B4 Grill before the start of the Saturday night Motown evening, well we arrived at 6:45pm show starts at 7:45pm plenty of time.. so you would have thought, I'm afraid not. The atmosphere was great and we managed to find an end table for two of us I placed the order and was served drinks after queuing at 6.57 with a barman more interested in juggling than serving, however we sat and waited for our sharing tempura mixed vegetables and a fish burger and fish cakes mains. 7.20 arrived and at least the guy cleaning the tables said he would chase up the service, well you know something is up when he re-appears to confirm what we had ordered, he was helpful at least, so we had our starters which were OK at 7.25pm, followed at 7.35 by the main course. I will admit that as a tex mex themed restaurant we should have gone with that option but we did fancy the fish on the night and how disappointed were we?, basically it was the same fish patty with both meals but with mine in a bap, it was full of grease amazingly it was overdone and hard on the bottom and to cap it all we had to rush. Value for money no, would I be tempted again possibly if I arrived at 6pm but I wont be going back in a hurry. Ps It was not only us with the service whilst sitting there waiting, there was 2 wrong meals delivered and the barman had forgotten to fetch a couple of bottles of Peroni for someone.

• Visited January 2014