“Knocks spots off my local cinema!”
Review of Showcase cinema

Showcase cinema
Ranked #7 of 18 Fun & Games in Coventry
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Knocks spots off my local cinema!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I travel here as my local Odean cinema in Nuneaton is pretty poor all around.
This cinema multi-complex is far superior in every aspect. Better prices, cleaner toilets, friendlier staff and more comfortable cinema seats.
Oh, its MUCH easier smuggling in sweets and drinks here as well ;-)

Visited July 2014

Coventry, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Needs updating and too pricey for value”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Only use these cinema if the kids want to go bowling or other places they use around this cinema but compared to what they charge and their sits with no glass holders difficult with elderly or kids and too over priced on the whole deal compared to odeon cinemas

Visited August 2014
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Planes 2 3D Preview”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Attended on Thursday 8th August with my four year old son as we had free tickets through the sun newspaper to watch Disney Planes 2 in 3D a day before it was released.
We are regular cinema goers however we normally use Odeon and only attended Showcase as a result of the offer.
Tickets were free so always a good start and were given 3D glasses on the way in for free as well
Cinemas are always expensive for food and drink and I know you can buy cheaper from other places before attending but I like to give my lad a cinema experience that I use to do
Pick and Mix his normal selection for a large bag was nearly £9.50 when the same amount in a large cup at Odeon would be four quid. Showcase seem to measure their pick and mix by weight.
Drinks normally price and the novelty offer of A planes cup was good at three quid
Seats comfortable however it would of been nice for drinks holders in the seats as my lad kicked over his cup twice when trying to pick it up.
Unfortunately will be visiting Odeon in future better value on food and drink plus loyalty points scheme comes in handy on ever third to fourth visit.

Visited August 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“My local!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been a regular at the Showcase since it first opened many many years ago - when ticket prices were a lot cheaper! What makes this one my preference over the Odeon in the city centre is that it is a huge hanger like building so never feels too crowded. Whenever I've been to the Odeon there are always kids running up and down! Having said that I usually go in the daytime so it might get packed in the evenings...

I like the rocking chair type seats and since they've gone all-digital, the picture quality is much more consistently clear and crisp.
If you join their INSIDER loyalty scheme there is a special on the concessions stand each month and cheaper tickets on Tuesdays.
As an out of town cinema, parking is no problem and with Burger King, Pizza Hut, Nandos, McDonalds and Taybarns right next door there are food options. You also have Tesco and Asda within half a mile to stock up on illicit snacks before you go in!

As with all cinemas, the showtimes have about 20mins of ads and trailers before the main feature so I try to time my visits carefully.
The cinema is pretty clean and tidy, loos not bad at all, plenty of bins.
All in all, the Showcase is my first choice to see a film.

Visited July 2014
Nuneaton, England
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Cinema”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great cinema with resurants nearby. Late night showings and a comedy room. Drinks and food expensive but all cinemas are. Ticket prics cheaper than some and accept Orange Wednesdays. Only drawback is seats not very comfortable. I visit here regularly :-)

Visited April 2014