“Terrible Steaks, Desserts were a joke. Half the price and its still bad value.”
Review of Cedar Restaurant

Cedar Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 53 Restaurants in Arundel
Price range: US$22 - US$45
Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arundel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

On the 28th March I ate with some friends here. It was awful.

Myself and three others arrived earlier than the rest of the group. We were shown to our table and immediately handed menus. As the rest of the group had not arrived yet there weren't as many people as menus so the remaining menus were just slung on the table, I would suggest that this is not normal. The four of us sat down, we were not offered drinks at this point.

The others soon arrived and sat down and found their menus. Within minutes a grumpy waitress arrived and asked us what we would like to eat, we still hadn’t been asked if we wanted anything to drink at this stage. We suggested that drinks might be a good idea, she seemed exasperated and took a drinks order. She took the order badly, I asked what beers they had I was only told about the draught beers, I happened to be driving and didn’t fancy a pint. After some coaxing I got it out of the disinterested woman that you also sold bottled beers, I ordered a Peroni. So far not very good.

Minutes later we were asked again if we had chosen our food. I hadn’t seen these friends for a long time, we were chatting and still hadn’t all decided but some of us had so we started ordering. This was chaotic as we were being rushed.

Many of us ordered steaks. The waiter clearly wasn’t taking very much notice as he had to come back with a printed till receipt and have us write our names down next to what we had ordered. It was at this stage that I pointed out that the order was wrong, one of the steaks was down as being with garlic butter but my wife had actually ordered a different sauce. The waiter told me it didn’t matter as he could change the sauce.

Some of the food started to arrive, most of it including my steak was cold and on a cold plate!

All of the steaks were cold and tough. My steak that was meant to be medium was rare, one of my friends’ steak was well done and he had ordered rare. My wife’s steak was covered in garlic butter, not what she had asked for. We sent her steak back to the kitchen, it came straight back out again, they said you had “run out” of fillets. I found this very hard to believe but my wife was hungry and agreed to have it anyway.

We had ordered two side dished that never arrived, they later featured on the bill and had to be removed.

The desserts were a joke. The chocolate cake was hard and tasteless, clearly out of a packet. The lemon pudding was also awful, we joked on our table that it looked and tasted like someone had just filled a glass with squirty cream. I am told that the coffee was the worst my friend had ever tasted in a restaurant, he has had better from a service station.

Hilton should be ashamed of this restaurant, the service is bad and the staff are grumpy and poor at communicating with guests and each other.

Never have I had such a bad experience. It was appalling.

I felt robbed when I paid the bill.

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Poor Chrimbo dinner!”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Often stayed here and hired for events here and usually very pleased. But office Christmas dinner was poor - rock hard Christmas pudding and uninspiring tasteless veg, etc. Don't expect mass catering at the price.

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Good food, excellent staff.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We eat here on two occasions and found the food to be very good. The prices are high and the wine is a ridiculous price for very ordinary wine. We had steak and this modern presentation of food meant that we had 6 chips neatly stacked in rows of 2! In fact they were half chips! The steak was excellent although we could certainly see the change in the chef the second day The starter was totally different in its presentation the second day.. The service was certainly not slow and if anything rather rushed. Our mains were there as soon as we had finished our starter! It is very difficult to get the time right but perhaps slow down just a little! We had a voucher that bought the price down.We would probably not have eaten there if we had not had the Gourmet Society card. Using the card we would go back again.

• Visited October 2013
Chichester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rip off bar prices”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The food here is o.k. Not bad, not good just o.k. The bar prices however are awful, they should be ashamed £27.00 for a bottle of very average rose, £3.90 for a soft drink. No wonder they have been doing £12.00 for a 3 course Sunday lunch on groupon. There is nothing worse than feeling that you are being ripped off and we were.

• Visited October 2013
West Malling, United Kingdom
“Overall very good!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We had a really lovely meal here. Food was excellent & staff very nice. I would recommend the fillet steak!

• Visited June 2013