“3 years and counting...”
Review of The Bay Tree

The Bay Tree
Ranked #9 of 53 Restaurants in Arundel
Price range: US$13 - US$31
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“3 years and counting...”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We had our first meal together in The Bay Tree and every year, on our anniversary of that first date, we have returned. It`s still a beautiful place to wine and dine. The food is fresh and gorgeous and the staff are so friendly. When they knew it was a special occasion, a box of chocolates were waiting on the table (this year we had a card too). Considering we only visit once a year, and only because we live hours away, the welcoming is charming. We visit on the Festival weekend so the staff have been run ragged but you would never know. We are always given their full attention and never hurried. And no, I don`t have rose coloured glasses on... just look at the other reviews !

London
“Fabulous Food!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We visited this restaurant on Sunday 24/8/14 during the Arundel Festival. Luckily we booked in advance. The restaurant itself is light, bright and airy. Not sophisticated but great ambience with wooden floors and simple seating.
Obviously an extremely popular eating place, but where we sat the tables had enough room around them for movement and some privacy, not jammed together to make room for another table or two.
The wooden 'reception/bar area' had a massive ice bucket keeping all the wine bottles very chilled giving a very relaxed and inviting feel on arrival.
The service was attentive but not overbearing. We were advised of a 25 minute wait when we ordered as they were extremely busy. We understood that and were happy to wait and the wait was absolutely worth it. We both ordered the half shoulder of lamb. The meat was meltingly tender and flavoursome and it came with gorgeous roasties and fresh perfectly cooked veg. I am not a huge meat eater and generally give some of my portion to my partner or have it doggie bagged for my two dogs. This portion was massive but I ate far more than I would normally as it was so nice. I did not give extra to my husband as he too was defeated by his portion. Needless to say we had it doggie bagged! I report the dogs loved it too after my husband had also rescued some morsels for himself as well!
We finished with a raspberry and frangipane tart which my husband declared excellent. I had apple and berry crumble, to be fair I wasn't wowed, the crumble wasn't deep or crumbly enough and the fruit was a bit tart but then I am extremely picky with a crumble as it is my favourite dessert.
Drinks wise I had a well priced glass of sauvignon Blanc, my husband had a soft drink and tap water when requested was served with ice and lemon.
Overall a wonderful experience and we will definitely return to Arundel for this great place!

1 Thank bernadette396
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

What a fab restaurant! Fantastic food, excellent service, extremely friendly - great banter with staff without any intrusion! Had both lunch and dinner here on separate days. I don't usually write reviews but this restaurant warranted one! Thank you Bay Tree staff...especially drinks' waitress! We will return!x

Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Tremendous Staff”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Nikita and Laura, the two young ladies running the front of house on the two nights we ate there were brilliant, tremendously friendly, attentive and extremely efficient. Very many thanks to you both.

Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

A tastefully understated but very welcoming little restaurant. Service and food genuinely difficult to find fault with (they accommodated specific menu requests with aplomb). A party of five and everything was executed perfectly.