“Great restaurant in lovely location ”
Review of The Bay Tree

The Bay Tree
Ranked #15 of 58 Restaurants in Arundel
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited this restaurant with 2 work colleagues from Switzerland. It was recommended by a friend who had also used the restaurant for business dinners. We went on a Wednesday night which was very quiet. However the service was very good, not rushed but efficient. We had 2 courses main course and dessert, I have to say it was amazing. I would definitely recommend this restaurant due to its great location, service and food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We enjoyed an excellent meal and service at the bay tree. Food was really scrumptious and a great choice of Gluten free food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came here with two meat/fish eating dining companions, and they enjoyed their meals, but there was only one vegetarian main course option: roasted vegetable risotto with halloumi cheese and pesto, which I had, but wished I hadn't, as halloumi in a risotto and pesto as well, just didn't work for me. Perhaps the kitchen could have a look at a Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall cookbook for some better ideas. The service was friendly and attentive, but there was some confusion between them and the kitchen re what we had ordered, and I asked for my dessert with vanilla rather than chocolate ice cream, but got chocolate anyway. The restaurant is a nice and cosy place, but all in all, not deserving of the mid range price tag, but I'd be happy to try it again if they improve their vegetarian options.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing vegan food and for non vegans
Cute and quaint and cosy
Loved it and would def visit again when I come back
Family atmosphere

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Unacceptable two hour wait for main courses. Food was acceptable but nothing special. After the first hour or so my co-host and I got up from the table at different times to ask if our meals for us and our friends were coming. Both of us received defensive, bordering on the surly, replies and the gist each time was ... it’s just coming! There is plenty of choice of where to eat in Arundel. I will choose not to return here because of the terrible service. Any restaurant that takes 2 hrs to produce the main courses has some serious problems by anyone’s standards.