“Undercooked scone”

Tudor Rose
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Popped in for a cream tea. Possibly the worst one I've ever had. The scone, whilst warm, was undercooked and tasted more like a bread roll. I can't be 100% sure, but I think the cream was just thick double cream rather than clotted cream and the jam was just OK.

Also, the service was a bit rubbish - just slow and disinterested staff.

Wish I'd chosen one of the many other tea rooms in Arundel and had thought to do some research before going so that I could've avoided this place. Very disappointing.

2  Thank oliya23

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Like the simplistic menu, great service and attention, value for money, clean, sharp, good food. They are really bothered about you, a strict regime for the staff, but a system that works.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Lovely home made food served by very friendly and attentive staff in nice clean and pretty surroundings

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I came with my mum, auntie and nan for Mother's Day. The waitresses lack any personality and have a lack of knowledge on the menu. We ordered drinks and food and whilst the food was ok (no more than ok) we had to remind them 7 times that we hadn't been served our latte and water..the ploughmans lacked any imagination and was over priced.

1  Thank Carrie5480
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I popped in earlier this week to ask to reserve a table for 11 people for a birthday afternoon tea today (Saturday) and was told this was no problem. Turned up today (sadly 2 people short) and were shown to 2 separate tables which meant half the party would have their backs to each other!! Obviously, this does not make for a social afternoon tea and asked if we could move to 2 different tables in the corner and push them together. You would think we had asked for the moon! Firstly this request was refused and told that these 2 specific tables had been reserved for us (despite the establishment being not even half full) and then when it had finally been agreed for us to move we were told that the 2 tables could not be pushed together so there was a gap separating the tables, making conversation between us all very difficult.
The cream teas were delicious and there is no problem with the food but, even when coming to pay the bill, the lady of the house was miserable as sin and did not ask if we had enjoyed it or invite us to return another time.
To sum it up: good food but unacceptable customer service and will not be returning!

4  Thank salamander1970