“Overpriced”

Dining options: Breakfast
Worthing
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for a brunch with my wife. We could see it was expensive by the menu on the window but we thought, Arundel at that price must be good quality. We were wrong, budget baked beans and £3.25 for a bowl of frozen chips!
Nice place and the young staff were doing their best though.

2 Thank Richard W

London, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A nice cup of coffee, if rather overpriced at £1.95 for a small cup. However, I was charged an extra 25p for milk! The menu was impressively large for a small place that is basically a cafe and other customers' food smelled nice, so I would probably give them the benefit of the doubt on a future visit.

London, United Kingdom
“Take the thorn with the rose”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Let me say first, that my review is not based on the food as I didn't get a chance to try it. My wife and I visited Tudor Rose with our 2 1/2 year old. Upon entering the cafe, the waitress informed us that they didn't have room for a push chair. My son was out of his push chair at this point and was perfectly behaved. When we told her that we could fold the push chair up she said she would go and ask. After speaking to someone (I presume the manager) she came back and said sorry they didn't have any room. We pointed to a free table which could have easily accomodated us and our folded up push chair and said "what about that table" to which the waitress replied "sorry, I did ask". I couldn't be bothered arguing with her because at this point I was very angry and really didn't want to stay a minute longer. I don't blame the waitress as I think she was probably scared of the incredibly rude manager. Perhaps they should invest in a "No children" sign to go on the door.

4 Thank OhhAhh12
Reading, United Kingdom
“very disappointing”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Picked this cafe over lots of nice looking places in Arundel. Food was very average, manager was rude, generally not good value for money. The waitress was lovely but that's the only good thing I have to say about it.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank TheBennetts82
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Much better places in Arundel”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We visited today and found the atmosphere tense. We pointed to a table that we wanted to sit at and the lady behind the counter who we assume to be the owner/lady in charge bellowed across the restaurant 'no,not there that is reserved!' A reserved sign was then placed by a waitress who appeared embarrassed and uncomfortable by the situation! The service was painfully slow particularly in light of the fact that we had only ordered a piece of cake and a toasted sandwich! There are so many lovely places in Arundel if it wasn't for the fact this is on the high street it would have closed long ago! We won't be visiting again.

2 Thank Sophie S