“Excellent pub lunch!!”

Price range: US$13 - US$43
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Whether you're after a quiet drink with friends or a meal with the family, The Swan is perfect for you. Our modern styled bar is open all day 'til 11pm (later on Fridays and Saturdays, and for hotel guests), serving superb cocktails, outstanding Fuller's and Gales ales, a great range of spirits and wines, as well as soft drinks for the family. Don't forget to bring the dog too, as our bar is very pet friendly!Our restaurant serves up a great selection of pub favorites with a great deal of locally sourced produce being used, and our chefs use their creative flair with delicious daily changing specials! Food is served 12-9pm Monday to Thursday, 12-9.30pm on Fridays & Saturdays and 12-8pm on Sundays. Booking recommended.
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We were delighted with our beautifully cooked pub lunch. We simply chose the ham eggs and chips and burger and chips. The ham was fresh, plentiful and so tasty, the home-mad burger was mouth-watering and the chips were REAL chips, golden brown, crisp and hot! The presentation was superb - a real surprise as pubs very often don't worry too much about that side of things. The added bonus was that the cloakrooms, both male and female were delightful, so clean and with all sorts of soaps and lotions.
When we next go to Arundel, we shall not even consider going anywhere else - so 'Thank you' to the very pleasant, helpful and welcoming staff.

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your lunch with us, and that you liked our new loos! I look forward to welcoming you again to The Swan next time you're in town.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Good gastro pub food, not expensive, good quality and lots of it.

Dear Mercedes,

Thank you again for posting a review here on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your dinner with us and I hope if you guys find yourselves down in Arundel again, you'll keep us in mind.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Went in on a saturday night with my wife for a couple of drinks, friendly bar staff and nice mixed atmos.

Dear Giles,

Thank you for taking the time to review your evening with us earlier this year. We've recently re-opened from an extensive refurbishment so I do hope that if you find yourselves down out neck of the woods again, you'll pop in for a drink.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Went to this restaurant for a meal on a Sunday and ordered the Lamb roast. Full of Gristle and under cooked unfortunately which meant most was left on the plate. Everything else was quite nice which is shame as the meal was ruined by a careless Chef. Mentioned this to the waitress who just said I'll tell the chef. No apology, no offer of anything else. For £10.95 for a roast they are in the upper price bracket and this needs to be dead right. Otherwise a nice small town pub with a good atmosphere with friendly staff. I would probably risk it again as overall it was quite nice.

1  Thank HonestHotelInspector
Management response:Responded 7 July 2012

Thank you for reviewing you Mother's Day meal with us, I'm sorry for the delay in replying to your review. I'm extremely sorry about the quality of the Lamb when you dined with us, and that my team failed to apologise for this error on our part. We've recently re-opened from an extensive refurbishment, though our team is largely unchanged, we do a fantastic Lamb Neck dish which is extremely popular. I do hope that you will join us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We just finished a great meal at The Swan. Both of our dishes were great, and they were very accommodating in preparing something for our son that wasn't on the menu.

Management response:Responded 7 July 2012

Thank you for reviewing you dinner with us earlier this year, sorry for the delay in my reply. I'm pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your meal - as I'm sure my team said at the time, our Chef's will gladly prepare something "not on the menu" for guests with dietary requirements or just little ones that are a bit fussy. If you ever find yourselves back in the UK, please do keep us in mind!