“Food”

Price range: US$12 - US$41
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether you're after a quiet drink with friends or a meal with the family, The Swan is perfect for you. Our modern styled bar is open all day 'til 11pm (later on Fridays and Saturdays, and for hotel guests), serving superb cocktails, outstanding Fuller's and Gales ales, a great range of spirits and wines, as well as soft drinks for the family. Don't forget to bring the dog too, as our bar is very pet friendly!Our restaurant serves up a great selection of pub favorites with a great deal of locally sourced produce being used, and our chefs use their creative flair with delicious daily changing specials! Food is served 12-9pm Monday to Thursday, 12-9.30pm on Fridays & Saturdays and 12-8pm on Sundays. Booking recommended.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I live in Arundel and often walk to the town to eat. I have eaten at the swan on numerous occasion and never been disappointed. Friday 2for1 fish and chips is a bargain. Sunday lunch never disappoints.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We had booked for a late lunch which happened to be on father's day and arrived early...

We asked if we could eat earlier, recognising how busy the restaurant area was.

The staff were very helpful and accommodated our request.

The food was very nice and the service was attentive, despite it being very busy.

Overall: good food, good service, fair value.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have eaten here several times in the last 12 months in the evening. The menu is fairly small I would say, but the food is of good quality and the atmosphere is pleasant. The pub has had a recent refurbishment and it's lovely. Recommended.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Visited the Swan after reading other reviews. Starters were varied and tasty, hosin duck, prawn and crab parcels and ghosts cheese salad. Swordfish steaks followed...portion sizes could have been bigger and maybe worth adding side dishes if you are Hungary. Cod and chips selected by the third member of our party was plentiful and tasty. Other diners in the restaurant had roasts, dominated by massive Yorkshire puddings, and burgers; all of which looked appetising. A varied desert menu followed and we had a chocolate mousse, waffles and the cheeses. Overall well priced and an enjoyable lunch. Staff were friendly and the pub has a good atmosphere. Arundel itself has plenty to keep you busy if you fancy a post lunch walk around.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I walked from Amberley to Arundel with my family + my boyfriend on Bank Holiday Saturday in Easter. My mum found this pub on TripAdvisor, and we booked for lunch there to celebrate my brother's birthday. I loved the pub's decoration; it was all very tastefully done with a hint of the seaside about it. The menu was great, and we started with a mixture of the small starter plates whilst the birthday boy demolished the duck which was apparently delicious.
I had a giant fish finger sandwich for about £6, and everyone else had fish and chips, the ham/egg main course and the pie. We all enjoyed our mains so much that we couldn't fit in pudding - such a shame!
The pub is in a great location in the centre of gorgeous Arundel, and I was confused why it wasn't busier in the restaurant section over a Bank Holiday! The food was delicious, service was friendly and the prices weren't extortionate either, given the tourist trap that is Arundel!
I also definitely recommend the Amberley > Arundel walk, and then you can get the train back!

1  Thank RachelMary D