Lowest prices for your stay
£73
£73
Priceline
All reviews petrol station service station stayed here yogurt full english car park mcdonalds jana goodwood sofa rear tlc
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2022 via mobile

I made a booking via booking.com a few weeks ago. Unfortunately circumstances changed and I have had to cancel my booking. I have given the hotel 5 weeks notice. Guess what they say they will not refund any of the £105 I paid in advance . I could understand them taking say 20% cancellation fee but the whole amount is disgusting.
Note made not to use this establishment again.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Buster1953
Reviewed 18 June 2022

The Positives… staff helpful, requested and received a ground floor room, room large enough and clean.

The Negatives… we waited in a queue for 15 minutes to drive into the hotel car park from the main road with cars that were queuing for the McDonalds Drive Through that is behind this hotel. This was the same for when we left the car park to get to the main room.

We did not stay for breakfast, as it does not start until 8am on a Saturday morning.

There is a volume control of 15 on the TV, with a fan going, you can hardly hear it.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 24 May 2022

I have to say we weren’t looking forward to staying at this hotel on the basis it was next to a petrol station and drive through McDonalds but needs must when the racing is on (Goodwood) and your nephew is getting married in the middle of the South Downs.

Staff were lovely throughout our stay. The rooms are basic and although clean they do need a bit of tlc. There was a slight smell of old ciggy smoke lingering but I do have a very sensitive nose. At £90 per night for a double room I would say you get what you pay for and need to accept that.

It was very quiet – so much so that the main noise were the sheep and cows in the adjoining fields.

There is a bar which was great for a couple of drinks when we arrived – we were the only ones using this facility.

The main problem is the occasional queue for drive through at McDonalds which can cause a long delay in getting into the hotel car park – a filter system would have been a good idea. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

All in all a good budget option in a stunning (wider) location. Just overlook its immediate location.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 20 February 2022 via mobile

Staying at this hotel was a let down for the price. I paid £91.00 for one night with bed and breakfast. The shower head was broken, the shower curtain railing was rusty, the bedroom walls were not clean, the bedroom curtains were very dusty and had cobwebs on them, and it just overall smelt in the bedroom and is very outdated. The breakfast was rubbish and tasted very cheap and nasty. The bed was so uncomfortable and once again, the pillows and duvet just smelt odd, and it was the same with the bath towels. To be quite honest, me and my partner felt like we were at an old peoples home! The car park was packed, but we didn’t see hardly any guests within the hotel.

I don’t think we’d be coming here again considering how extortionate the price was and how outdated it all is!

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharlotteJ00
Reviewed 17 November 2021

If you need an Accessible room this hotel is NOT for you.

I booked 2 double rooms for a short break (4 nights) for myself and my 88 year old mum.

As my mum has mobility issues, I booked an Accessible room for her (she cannot use a bath).

When we checked in we were dismayed to see that her bathroom was not in any way accessible. A bath with a shower over it and no grab rails around the toilet - the only thing you could use to help yourself up from the loo was a boiling hot towel rail.

The only Accessible bit about the room was the size of the doorways. Furniture had been placed in access ways. The single beds were spaced in such a way that the gap was not big enough to get a wheelchair in between and there was either furniture or a wall in the way of accessing beds from the other side.

We immediately went down to reception to ask if there were any rooms with just a shower to be told that all of their rooms have a shower over the bath.

Since my mum couldn't use the bathroom we had no option but to check out the following day (being as it was late we stayed one night). Initially we were only refunded 2 nights (not happy) but, on the advice of the reception staff, contacted management and were refunded the 3rd night as well.

It was a really bad start to a break that my mum had been so looking forward to - she hadn't been away for 5 years.

Upsides - the staff were helpful and kind, my room was fine, the breakfasts were very good and the disabled toilet downstairs was Accessible. It's a shame that this accessibility has not been extended into any of the rooms.

Room tip: Do not use this hotel if need an Accessible room
Date of stay: October 2021