“8 visits later and still love the place.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Campania

La Campania
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Arundel
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“8 visits later and still love the place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Been here 8 times since the current owner opened last year, both for dinner and recently for lunch. Have enjoyed every meal eaten. The waiters/waitresses are always attentive (but not in your face) and the management friendly. The place is buzzing with a great atmosphere. Highly recommend a visit.

2 Thank Wooft

Lancing, United Kingdom
“Excellent Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

This is the second time we have eaten at La Campania and again it was an excellent meal and good value for money. Highly Recommended....

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank gray_nina
“A disappointing meal from the moment we were greeted...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

We were looking forward to eating here, having seen the reviews on TA.

We had made a booking and arrived 15 minutes early. We walked in and were told to wait by a waiter that was serving another table. The waiter then went to his booking sheet and asked us, from across the restaurant, what name our booking was under - so to start, not too professional.

We were shown to a table for 2 - next to where the food is collected from, so I asked if we could sit at either of 2 empty tables for 2, near the open door (it was a warm evening). I was told no, that the (2) tables would soon be turned into a table for 6, and he wouldn't want to move us half way through our meal...ok.

We sat down, were given our menus & he flashed us the specials board and then leant it against another couple's table. No explanation of the specials, no advice on what he would recommend. Throughout the evening this waiter seemed off & as if he'd rather be elsewhere.

We ordered our drinks & mine wasn't what I ordered - I asked for the correct drink & got told that it was what I ordered but it had been poured wrong, and that's why it tasted different, whatever that means?!

We ordered our starter (garlic bread & mozzarella), this came quickly & hot & was nice, but nothing outstanding.

For our mains my husband ordered a pizza & I ordered the pollo alla Milanese - chicken with spaghetti. It stated under all the chicken dishes that they would be served with potatoes & spinach. We received our mains & after 5 minutes of no potatoes/spinach, I asked the waiter where they were. He looked confused, & so I reminded him of what the menu said, & he said that that did not apply to certain dishes (including mine) because it came with spaghetti...we were then told 'I probably should have told you that.' well yes, it would have helped!

So we ate our food - it was ok, but to be honest, I've had this dish similar in frankie & bennys & it tasted better...the chicken was a little dry and the pasta; so so.

So we finished our meal & then a couple were walked through, past us, obviously regulars, as they greeted the chefs/staff, and they were taken to one of the tables near the door, that I had earlier asked to sit at. I was very unimpressed, there was no explanation as to why they were sitting there - the situation was completely ignored.

Our plates were cleared - we weren't asked whether everything was ok, just whether we wanted dessert. Now, I'm normally a big dessert fan, but after the service & the experience overall, I felt reluctant to give them any more of our money.

So we got the bill, paid & left.

I am thoroughly disappointed - I booked this meal for my husband and I, especially for our wedding anniversary, and it was a complete disappointment.

Bad service - ok food - unclear menu = Avoid!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Alicemarke
Solihull UK
“A welcome treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

Having been turned away at the door of the Arundel House Restaurant down the road because we had the temerity to arrive too early, we found ourselves at La Campania. We were greeted by a lady with a cheery disposition and shown to a table which was perhaps rather close to the kitchen, but gave Mrs Badger the opportunity for a bit of serious people watching.
We enjoyed a little banter with the personable young waiter who took our orders and then arrived promptly with our drinks.
Our main courses were chicken in a pepper sauce and fillet steak. We were expecting average lunch-time fare, but were pleasantly surprised at the quality and the quantity of our meals. Both were cooked to perfection and the sauces were delicious.
If we ever need to have a meal in Arundel again this will certainly be our first choice.
Well done La Campania!

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BeBeTheCatUK
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food and friendly, efficient service. Was stuffed when I left!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

Finding the other reviews about the service a bit starnge! we were welcomed as soon as we entered the restaurant, were allowed to pick our own table (I hate being sheparded to a middle table when there are window ones free etc.) and had attentive service throughout. The Starter of calamari was gorgeous, not the usual frozen deep fried rubbish, but fresh with a generous side salad and amazing 'sauce' of garlic and chilli - Yum! Wine was also excellent, and topped us for us by who I assume was the manager, (who explained that the reason it was disappearing so fast was because of the altitude - cue 5 minutes of giggling from me and my sister :p). Main courses were imaginative and fresh, my canneloni actually had a decent amount of spinich in it rather than being the usual oily cheese-fest, and my sisters stuffed chicken breast was gorgeous too - we both had very clean plates. Couldn't resist a pudding by this point, Banoffee pie was somehow slightly original too, very tasty, and my sisters white chocolate cheesecake was excellent. After paying the bill we chatted for another 15 mins, not at any point were we made to feel like we should leave. To sum up, good service, nice atmosphere, excellent food noticeably different from the usual chain Italian rubbish, and good Wine list. Am definitely going to go back there!

Visited May 2011