We decided to have a family break at Christmas and have a relaxing holiday. We chose the Hilton Avisford Park because of the service experienced at our previous visits for charity events.
On arrival, the check-in process went very smoothly. Even though the reception staff were having to deal with many people arriving for the Christmas break, they still ramained calm and helpful. Our rooms were located on the second floor. As there are no lifts in the hotel our baggage was taken up by a porter, who was very helpful and attentive during our stay. The room was a large family room with a decent sized bathroom overlooking the golf course. Our daughters' room was a standard twin room of a reasonable size but unfortunately they had a problem with a noisy extractor fan. Once the housekeeping staff realised it was not easily fixed they were immediately given an alternative room without fuss.
I will summarise our experience as follows:
Impressive and spacious period hotel set in lovely surroundings. Free Wi-fi in the lounge and bar area kept our children happy!!
Overall, good value for money. The entertainment met most people's needs. The Boxing Day Gala Dinner was superb, with good food and entertainment to round off the stay.
Reasonable size but in need of an uplift as they are looking a bit tired. Not enough power points in our room (220), but I think this is due to the age of the building and would require a big rewiring job.
Good service but disappointed with the policy of serving customers premium brand spirits by default. Can make a big difference to the bill if you are buying a round of drinks!! However, I was given a refund for the difference and then made sure I asked for the Gordons and Smirnoff Red.
Lovely dining room. The service was generally slow between courses but couldn't fault the staff for their demeanour. The food was presented well and we had good sized portions. The duck on Christmas Day was superb! Choices for breakfast were very good and the full English filled you up until dinner! However, we were disappointed with the Christmas Day evening buffet as there was not much available when we arrived.
No complaints about the gym and pool. The gym had usual equipment, 2 x tread mills, cycle, rower and 2 cross trainers and other equipment and weights. We made use of the pool, sauna and steam room. We'd bought our tennis gear with us and managed to get in a game, in between the rain!! Did not have time for a round of golf but next time maybe.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and managed to cope with those awkward moments!! Example, my father-in-law wanted to change the dessert for something else but was not happy with the alternative. The waiter smiled and said he would find something else and he was immediately back (like magic!) with a plate of fruit; one happy and impressed father-in-law!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Avisford Park, Arundel, a grand Georgian manor house is set in 89 acres of beautiful Sussex parkland. There are excellent transport links to the hotel; proximity to London Gatwick Airport and Southampton Airport and rail links direct to London.The hotel has 140 well appointed bedrooms and an array of leisure facilities including indoor and outdoor (seasonal opening times) heated swimming pools, sauna, steam room, tennis courts, squash court, putting, croquet and beauty rooms offering a range of Elemis treatments and products.There are also various function rooms ideal for weddings, christenings and family gatherings or business events catering for 2 to 550. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Avisford Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Avisford Park Hotel Arundel
- Hilton Avisford Park Arundel, West Sussex
- Hilton Arundel
- Arundel Hilton