“Did what was needed......”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Arundel
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I had a Hilton Deluxe Room, free wifi being a Gold HH member and everything worked well with attentive and professional staff. I am used to Hilton Exec rooms and this one was a bit on the small side and the shower could have had better pressure but was OK really. Furniture in the room was older than I had expected but hey, did the job.

I enjoyed the food in the lounge/bar - the burger and fries with salad was one of the best I have had anywhere, served quickly with no fuss by professional friendly staff. Chairs in the bar and lounge are very comfortable.

I slept well, Hilton beds are great and checked out easily after a hot and tasty room service breakfast.

Nice grounds and easy parking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
GM_Avisford_Park, General Manager at Hilton Avisford Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review about Hilton Avisford Park following your visit in June 2013.

We were pleased to note that you are a Gold Hilton Honors member and were provided with the appropriate benefits. Due to the age and former uses of the hotel the room sizes vary and whilst we note you found the room allocated a little small we were pleased you slept well.

Your comment regarding the burger, fries and salad has been shared with our chefs and we were glad that the level of service also met with your satisfaction.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Avisford Park

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I was fortunate enough to be invited to attend a wedding which took place at the 'Hilton Avisford Park Hotel' near Arundel,West Sussex one Sunday at the end of June. I do not have a car now, so after having arrived in Arundel by 'National Express' coach, I had no option other than to take a taxi to the hotel (costing £10.20) which is actually situated in Walberton which is around four miles away from Arundel - however I do realise that I'm in a minority here as I'm sure that most hotel guests would have arrived by car and plenty of car parking space is provided at the hotel for such visitors where conferences are held from time to time.

This hotel is a truly beautiful building set in an equally glorious country setting comprising many acres of its own land and which has its own tennis courts and an eighteen hole golf course which I was fortunate enough to see at its best as the weather was superb on the day that I visited,and it was warm and sunny all day long.
Whilst no doubt I would have enjoyed to have stayed at this hotel as a guest, its location is too remote for me personally consider as I'm really more of a town person to be truthful, and as I've already said I do not have my own transport now so I would suffer from accessibility problems once I had arrived. I feel also,no doubt that considering the 'Hilton Avisford Park Hotel' is a high quality establishment, it is more than likely the room rates would had probably stretched my meagre budget beyond its limit anyway - however the hotel's rates can be ascertained from the 'Tripadvisor' website,and the hotel has its own website as well,from where much more detail concerning the hotel's facilities and prices can be acquired.

It is always most pleasureable to be allowed the opportunity to admire and explore new locations such as this,and I was most fortunate to be allowed to do just that and to express my views and opinions here, and I must therefore mention that the hotel's premises and facilities were clean as one would no doubt expect,and the grounds were immacutely tended and it really is a lovely place to spend some leisure time. There is a large lounge,a dining room and a hotel bar on the ground floor where guests and visitors may relax and chat, and just outside the building there is a terrace with tables and chairs for use on sunnier days as well as a putting green together with a giant chess set. I understand that the hotel has its own gym & health club and a swimming pool although I regret that time did not permit me to view these facilities.

The hotel is licensed for weddings and the wedding ceremony which I attended took place in the hotel's 'Terrace Room' located on the ground floor followed by a wedding breakfast for around thirty-five guests in the 'Ballroom' which was situated on the first floor comprising of a starter of Chilled Poached Salmon followed by English Lamb Rump for the main course, all of which was absolutely delicious and well presented. The sweet course was 'Peach Melba creme brulee,' which too was very tasty,and I found that all of the hotel's staff were courteous and attentive at all times.

I would suggest that should you be seeking a good hotel to stay at in West Sussex which you'll find convenient for both countryside and the sea, perhaps you may consider staying at the 'Hilton Avisford Park Hotel' near Arundel bearing in mind the delightful hotel building together with the lovely grounds in which it is situated, and although I was unable to view a bedroom I feel sure that these rooms would be of an equally high standard comparable to the hotel's other fine facilities which I did see upon my visit.

The hotel is situated just a half a mile away from the main A27 road so you will appreciate that it is well placed and allows easy access to many popular West Sussex towns and resorts such as Chichester, Bognor Regis, Horsham,Littlehampton, Worthing and many other locations further afield such as Brighton,Portsmouth,Southampton and London also.
The hotel is such a perfect wedding venue, and I suspect that the 'Hilton Avisford Park Hotel' would be a good choice of somewhere to stay bearing in mind its extremely pleasant location and its many amenities.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roger-from-Sussex

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review about Hilton Avisford Park following your visit in June 2013 for a wedding.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our beautiful setting and extensive grounds and were able to view some of our extensive leisure facilities during your short visit.

We were also pleased that you found our team members courteous and attentive and the wedding breakfast delicious and well presented.

Thank you once again for your detailed feedback and we do hope that you will stay with us at some point in the future to fully experience all that Avisford Park has to offer.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is only the fourth review that I have given an hotel and it is the exceptional staff that has prompted me to write this.

The hotel is a large country hotel with fine gardens. I believe it was a former school. We stayed on Saturday the 29th June for our 25th wedding anniversary. Our room was a large first floor one right at the top of the stairs. It had the usual traditional Hilton furnishing and was spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was very good. I am glad that we ate early, as there was had been a wedding reception the previous evening and the dining room was very full by the time we left.

It was the staff that made our stay so special and a very big thank you to Lynne, the chief housekeeper. What a lovely lady!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_Avisford_Park, General Manager at Hilton Avisford Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear Guest

We were delighted that the exceptional level of service from our team members and in particular our Head Housekeeper, Lynn, prompted you to write your review. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and professional team and were pleased this was your experience.

The main manor house was indeed a former Roman Catholic boys’ preparatory school from 1928 until 1974; the names of the former Head Boys can be seen on the cedar panelling in the Restaurant.

We were also pleased that the standard of accommodation, cleanliness and food at breakfast and dinner were all to your satisfaction.

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope you will return to celebrate another wedding anniversary with us.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Old school converted to hotel Not worth 4stars as rooms tired with stained carpets grubby worn bedding hard towels limited tv no fridge to make you use bar Restaurant variable with what appeared to be microwaved food The worst aspect was the horrible hard bed and the heat in our superior room hence we had to have windows open all night The staff all have been properly trained and most were really good at their job Lovely grounds and warm outdoor pool Would return if refurbished Despite all this much better than the grubby grand in Brighton

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

It was disappointing to note you did not fully enjoy your recent stay. We have noted your comments regarding the linen and towels and standard of general cleanliness and have passed these to our Head Housekeeper for review. We have also noted the quality of the food did not meet with your satisfaction for which we apologise.

We were, however, glad that you found our team members professional and you enjoyed the grounds and outdoor pool.

We do have an ongoing maintenance programme and have most recently completed the painting of the corridors with further projects planned over the summer months.

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here on numerous occasions for work.

The hotel could do with a re-furb, as some of the furniture is a little dated, and in some ways not in keeping with Hilton. Still, it's a countryside leisure hotel, rather than a city centre one.

Located in the middle of no-where, the hotel is practically on a golf course.

Breakfast is excellent, as are the dinners. The steaks are fantastic too!

My only gripe would be that the floor boards can be a little noisy.

If you want to get outside, and go for a run, then head out the back way from the hotel and out the golf course entrance, turn right towards the village.

Room Tip: Garden Suite Rooms are larger, and if there's no event in the ball room, quieter. It's a lon...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review about Hilton Avisford Park following your visit in April 2013.

We were delighted to note that you a regular guest at the hotel and particularly enjoy our breakfasts and dinners, especially the steaks!

Regarding the standard of accommodation and decor; we have an ongoing maintenance programme which has most recently seen the completion of the painting of our corridors and further works are planned over the summer months.

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Our stay was for one night and accommodation only so not a lot to comment on. But we were well received by reception staff (Zoey and Samantha) who went out of their way to find us a room that suited us and Zoey even took us to it!
Hotel itself is clean and well presented with both an inside and outside pool which were well maintained and lovely to use. A very pleasant overnight stay and with a 12o/c check out we were in no rush to leave! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Tell Reception what room would be ideal for you and see if they can match it!

Dear Guest

We were very pleased you enjoyed your overnight stay with us and that Zoe and Samantha were able to provide you with a room which suited your needs.

It was good to read that you had the opportunity to use our indoor and outdoor pools during your, stay and hope that you will return again soon to experience more of our facilities and services.

Thank you once again for your comments and recommendation.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Just returned from an excellent week-end break that included dinners.

Lovely hotel with very efficient, friendly and helpful staff.

Great buffet style breakfast with excellent choice , made from quality food.
The 3 course dinners were also fantastic, with at least half a dozen choices for each course. Some of the best hotel food that I have tasted.

Plenty of facilities around the hotel grounds to use (giant chess, croquet,swimming, golf, gym etc.) which we used.

Good check in times from 3pm and late, speedy check outs up to 12 o'clock.

Room Tip: Just book a room with dinner included........... you won' be disappointed!! (well, unless you li...

Dear Guest

We were delighted that you had an excellent weekend break with us and found all our team members efficient, friendly and helpful and enjoyed your dining experiences at breakfast and dinner.

We are very fortunate to have extensive leisure facilities including gym, indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, steam room, tennis courts, squash court, putting, croquet, beauty treatment facilities, on-site 18-hole golf course and garden games which we were glad you had opportunity to utilise some of these during your stay.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again for another weekend break.

Hilton Avisford Park

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arundel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
Bailiffscourt Hotel
Bailiffscourt Hotel
#1 of 1 in Climping
Best Western Beachcroft Hotel

Been to Hilton Avisford Park? Share your experiences!