First experience of this hotel was via a GroupON voucher for sunday lunch.. and the sunday lunch was incredible, so much food.. really fantastic value, with or without voucher to be honest.
After this, i decided its location and setting was worth of a weekend stay to relax, enjoy a large breakfast and again a sunday lunch.
Location.. well, what a great setting, wonderful space, nice old building, staff VERY friendly and helpful.
Was upgraded to a suite, there was parties going on, and was advised to close the doors to hide the noise, which we did.
The room was a great size.. the furniture a little (lot) dated, sofas not very comfortable, but thats not the end of the world. The rooms are not air conditioned and seem to be on central heating over which you have no control, and the radiators made an awful noise all night.
Unfortunately, I do need to report that the bed, fairly small for a suite, was the a very noisy bed, and.. here it comes, the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in for a Hilton.. hardly slept at all, and woke up with a really bad back... the fittings here seem to be very dated, either they are trying to keep up to some theme of old fashioned..example, the side lamp was connected to the overhead bedstead spots, so it was them on or the whole lot off.. mad!
Breakfast was plentiful and gorgeous, and the sunday lunch had changed to a christmas theme which was a set menu.. not so good as the normal one to be honest, BUT the staff excelled themselves and being perfect hosts.
Overall, its a great setting, great good, great service, but staying over.. i would have to question the quality of the beds and fittings, really not good, and this lets it down badly for Hilton.
But, I need to stress, (as it isnt their fault) the staff here are fantastic..
Overall, great food, great location, dated rooms, bad beds.
One final thing, the pricing here is very good, so I think when you take everything into account, you need to accept there may be some areas that need work, its very cheap, and for that I forgive everything.
GREAT TEAM OF STAFF
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Avisford Park, Arundel, a grand Georgian manor house is set in 89 acres of beautiful Sussex parkland. There are excellent transport links to the hotel; proximity to London Gatwick Airport and Southampton Airport and rail links direct to London.The hotel has 140 well appointed bedrooms and an array of leisure facilities including indoor and outdoor (seasonal opening times) heated swimming pools, sauna, steam room, tennis courts, squash court, putting, croquet and beauty rooms offering a range of Elemis treatments and products.There are also various function rooms ideal for weddings, christenings and family gatherings or business events catering for 2 to 550. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Avisford Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Avisford Park Hotel Arundel
- Hilton Avisford Park Arundel, West Sussex
- Hilton Arundel
- Arundel Hilton