Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
2,219 results
All reviewsgolf courseoutdoor poolgarden lodgelovely groundsspa breaksauna and steam roomleisure facilitieslounge areaa bit tiredlovely hotellick of paintwedding receptionlots of choicebreakfast was excellentafternoon teashort breakarundel castle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I recently had a work Christmas meal at this hotel and I also stayed the night. My first thought was how grand the place looked from the outside. Upon my arrival, I had difficulty in parking the car, as so many people, were using the hotel. For the size of the hotel, I would of thought there would be more parking spaces, considering how large the site is.
I walked in and saw a very clean and welcoming reception area. After booking in, I went straight to my room, which unfortunately was along way away. No staff was there to help me with my luggage. Not sure if this is the norm, for a 5 star hotel. As I walked through the hotel, the décor seemed very dated and the hotel really needed to be dragged into the 21st century.
I entered the room and it looked like something out of the 1920s. The only thing modern was the TV. The bed was hard and uncomfortable, the head board was just a bit of wood, screwed to the wall and nothing was of a high standard considering this is the Hilton Hotel. If it was my hotel, I would throw everything that was in my room away and put some modern comfortable furniture in. The food was good and the staff we friendly, smart and presentable. But once again, being the Hilton Hotel, I would of expected a high standard of food, which I did not get. I could of produced a better 3 course meal.

I do not think that I got value for money staying here.

Room Tip: Unless there is a penthouse suite, then there are no good rooms. If you are expecting 5* luxury rooms for your money, you will not get it
1  Thank Mark P
GM_Avisford_Park, General Manager at Hilton Avisford Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review about Hilton Avisford Park following your stay in December 2013.

We were sorry to note that you had difficulty in parking; our car park has capacity for 270 vehicles.

Due to the age and former uses of the hotel, the size and style of bedrooms vary and we note that on this occasion the standard of accommodation did not meet with your expectations.

We were, however, glad that you found the food of a good standard and the level of service from our team members to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Service excellent on the evening, Food plentiful and of a high standard. Breakfast service was professional and of a high standard. Breakfast was delicious and topped up regularly. Room was wonderful, clean and spacious. Second Year running and would love to go back again !!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

We were delighted that you enjoyed another Christmas party with us, and found the standard of food and service during the evening and at breakfast the following morning all to your satisfaction.

We hope you will return again in 2014 for a third visit.

Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Avisford Park.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have to make my feelings known about the poor quality of the Christmas meal served on dec 16th 2013.
The starter was pleasant, a salmon mousse. The main course, which we all had was poor, the turkey slices (2) was identical on each and every plate ( which tells you...?) it had no taste, was dry and close to cardboard. The roast spuds, soft, uninteresting, there was a strange mix of small cubes in a sort of gravy.. Was this turnip?? Two dry tasteless balls of stuffing, and the only colour on the plate was four Brussels sprouts.. I'm sorry but this is not good enough for a 5 star rated hotel. For pudding I had lemon tart - which did not taste of lemon..enough said. I will pass this on to Avisford Park and hope they take notice for the rest of you looking forward to a Christmas dinner there.

Room Tip: We did not stay, so cannot comment on rooms etc.
1  Thank John R

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review about Hilton Avisford Park following your visit in December 2013.

We were disappointed that you did not enjoy your Christmas meal with us. Your particular comments have been duly noted and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

THe staff are lovely, the food is better than average, general decor is ok but a bit tired. The matress in our deluxe roomwas like sleeping on a table - very uncomfortable. Swimming pool is lovely and warm, sauna and steam are very nice, but lacking in family changing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review about Hilton Avisford Park.

We were pleased to read that you found the level of service from our team members and quality of food to your satisfaction. We were also pleased that you had time to utilise some of our extensive leisure facilities during your stay and particularly enjoyed the indoor pool, sauna and steam room.

We have noted your comments regarding the quality of the bed and facilities for family changing and thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.

Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Avisford Park.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed here for one night that was enough. Cant fault the staff they were all very friendly and helpful. Sadly the room was in desperate need of a good clean especially the bathroom. Taps dirty and all around the bath top edge was dirty.Some updating wouldn't go amiss. The bed was so uncomfortable and noisy we hardly slept . The buffet breakfast was very good and plenty of choice. Such a shame as the hotel from the outside looks absolutely beautiful we were so disappointed by the inside.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alexhants1962

Dear Guest

It was disappointing to read that you did not find the standard of cleanliness of your bedroom and bathroom or comfort of the bed to your satisfaction. Your particular concerns have been passed to our Head Housekeeper who will ensure rooms are checked more thoroughly prior to being passed for occupancy and monitor bed quality.

We were, however, glad to note that you found our team members friendly and helpful and you enjoyed the selection and quality of items at breakfast.