This is a Hilton in name only - at any star rating! We experienced poor service during our stay particularly in the outside patio area (e.g. no waiter service outside). This may be due to the fact that they had two wedding parties running on Saturday so no spare staff to look after the non wedding guests. This has definitely changed since we were last at the hotel. Its been a firm favourite for many family get togethers over the years. This time we had 3 rooms on Friday and 5 rooms on Saturday. We were very upset with a very rude poolside attendant who shouted at us for various poolside 'offences' starting with a very aggressive directive to stop taking a photo of my two 50+ brothers, talking in the pool - apparently the hotel now has a no poolside photos rule due to risk to children, in the pool!!. Has the world gone mad! There were no children anywhere near my brothers! Just wanted a picture of the two of them together in the pool! Further, the pool attendant told me off - for buying drinks and bringing them to the pool when his predecessor on 'watch' had told me the pool fridge wasn't working and to go to the bar and get drinks. There were no towels by the pool - another rule is that you have to get the towels from the GYM and sign for them - the staff at the gym gave off the vibe that they suspected you might not come back with them! Last time we stayed both drinks service by the pool and towels were all provided. PS - new rule also no alcohol by pool! We are not big drinkers but would have liked a beer or spritzer - in a plastic glass! There were several other incidents when the pool attendant jumped up from his deck chair to come over to us and tell us off by the pool and in the end I had to tell him to go away or I was going to speak to the Hotel Manager about his behaviour. This totally upset us all - trying to have a good time. We all found the rooms are swelteringly hot - no offer of a fan and for a 'deluxe' room we were very disappointed - clean but very basic and a small room. The cooked breakfast was consistently revolting on both mornings - mushrooms appeared to have been boiled and swimming in dark watery liquid - hash browns were dry and over fried, ditto fried bread etc. Definitely NOTa 4 star Hilton. Location and gardens are excellent - which is obviously why they don't need to try in the hotel. Sadly the standard of service and general state of the hotel means its very unlikely that we will stay there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Avisford Park, Arundel, a grand Georgian manor house is set in 89 acres of beautiful Sussex parkland. There are excellent transport links to the hotel; proximity to London Gatwick Airport and Southampton Airport and rail links direct to London.The hotel has 140 well appointed bedrooms and an array of leisure facilities including indoor and outdoor (seasonal opening times) heated swimming pools, sauna, steam room, tennis courts, squash court, putting, croquet and beauty rooms offering a range of Elemis treatments and products.There are also various function rooms ideal for weddings, christenings and family gatherings or business events catering for 2 to 550. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Avisford Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Avisford Park Hotel Arundel
- Hilton Avisford Park Arundel, West Sussex
- Hilton Arundel
- Arundel Hilton