2,316 results
All reviewsgolf courseoutdoor poolgarden lodgelovely groundsspa breaksauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesbar pricesold schoollounge areaa bit tiredlovely hotellick of paintlots of choicebreakfast was excellentwedding receptionafternoon tea
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was our last stay as part of a vacation package by ScanBrit. They did an excellent job of providing us with consistently good hotels. Avisford Park was no exception. About two mile from Arundel itself it was an oasis of quiet, with lovely grounds, a golf course and a giant chess set on the lawn. Both an indoor and an outdoor pool are available, as well as a fitness center. Our room was quite a way away from the front entry and was very comfortable. Very nice linens and towels, nice size bathroom. One drawback was that WiFi was £15 per day, except in the lounge area, where it was free. Another (hopefully temporary) problem was that we were next to a public restroom. Since it was at the very end of a hall it was not used much, but somehow, while we were there, water kept running in one of the rooms. It certainly did not keep us from sleeping. Breakfast was wonderful, with freshly squeezed orange juice, lots of healthy choices and of course, full English breakfast makings as well as salads and veggie drinks. We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was good and fairly priced. Loved the cheese platter!! Parking was in the grounds, and the staff was friendly and helpful. If I had one suggestion it would be to make the entrance signs bigger and clearer. We drove by the first one, and turned around before we got to the second one, which may actually have been an exit. The first entrance sign was low to the ground and quite overgrown and not very eye-catching.
Overall a wonderful place to stay, pool just right, sauna and steam room a definite plus.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
GM_Avisford_Park, General Manager at Hilton Avisford Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review about Hilton Avisford Park, following your recent stay.

We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us as part of a vacation package and were able to utilise some of our extensive leisure facilities during your visit. We were also pleased that the standard of our buffet breakfast and evening meals met with your satisfaction, particularly the cheese platter!

Thank you for your suggestion regarding the entrance signs – we will certainly look at these to ensure they are clearly visible to our guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide your feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Chose this Hotel because of it's brand association, location (near to Arundel) and for what it had to offer. Staff were nice and helpful but there is only so much they can do if the operator shows no interest. Initial room offering was hellish and upon threatening to leave got up-graded. Bigger, better located room with (as we found out at bedtime)horrible bed, non functioning TV and furniture so dated we thought we had somehow landed in the 1970's. Although the room was big, it was also hot as the ''air-con'' was a fan in the corner of the room. Breakfast was OK even though our ''OJ'' was on the turn. In conclusion, best avoid.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank AHUK2012
GM_Avisford_Park, General Manager at Hilton Avisford Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest

Due to the age and former uses of the hotel the size and style of our bedrooms vary and we were sorry to read that the standard of accommodation did not meet with your satisfaction on this occasion. Your particular comments regarding the quality of the bed, television, furnishings and orange juice have all been duly noted, and will be discussed with the relevant departmental managers for investigation and remedial action as appropriate and we apologise for the inconvenience and disappointment caused.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place was once a boys school and the restaurant is lined with all the boys' names, though the rest of the school has been very well converted. The setting is beautiful with a surrounding golf course, parkland, and outdoor pool. There is also a reasonable gym and indoor pool. Rooms are comfortable, though not particularly large, and breakfast is the usual Hilton standard. The restaurant provides a good range for dinner and service is friendly and swift. If you are in this area, visiting historic sites or sporting venues, this place is well worth considering.

Room Tip: Ask for an older room in the main part of the hotel if you want space.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

We were pleased to read that you appreciated our historic charm and found our location, leisure facilities, quality of food and level of service all to your satisfaction.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Avisford Park. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back for a further stay.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

It was my birthday and I wanted a day out followed by a stay over somewhere, only problem was I have two dogs. So I hunted around for dog friendly places to stay, there were B&Bs that had a dog friendly room, but only one dog allowed and they were already booked up or I could of rented a self catering place, which was far too expensive. Then I saw this Hilton hotel advertised and I couldn't believe it, dogs were allowed! The only stipulation was only small pets were accepted, up to 10kg and a maximum of 2 pets and the charge for having your best friends with you £10, perfect!
Booking online was simple and I was offered a possible upgrade to a suite if one was available when I checked in on the day (which would of cost £35).
I arrived at the hotel and strolled in with my dogs in toe and no one batted an eyelid, the staff were welcoming and my concern of them wanting to measure, weigh or carry out any good behavior checks on my pooches was not necessary! I was directed to my room which was in the Garden Lodge, this was away from the main hotel. This is an extension to the rear of the hotel, it was quite and had a lovely atmosphere and it was perfect for the dogs, as the main door opened out to grass areas surrounding small car park,s so taking them for a walk was easy. This area was close to the impressive golf course which stretch out as far as the eye could see. The room was a good size and the bed was huge and very comfortable, there was a electric fan unit, so none of this trying to figure out air-con controls! As I had arrived later than planned I didn't get to keep my restaurant booking so I checked out the room service menu while having a glass of the complimentary red wine. The menu choice was really good, great selection of meals so I took full advantage and I wasn't disappointed, the meal was well presented and tasted great, so as I had already booked a breakfast with the room, I had room service for that too, at an extra cost of £6 and as a treat I didn't think that was bad.
This hotel was a great find and it's a great to place to stay too, I loved it and to be able to bring my dogs with me made it extra special. Would I recommend it......ABSOLUTELY.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

We were delighted you chose to stay with us on the occasion of your birthday and found the location of your room in the Garden Lodge perfect for walking your dogs.

We were also pleased that you enjoyed your in-room dining experiences for both dinner and breakfast.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Avisford Park and for your recommendation. We hope you will return again soon for a further stay.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed for one night as part of a 2 day golf break. Certainly convenient to have golf course on same location as hotel but then this is fairly common nowadays. Breakfast was average buffet but evening meal was quite frankly very poor; how the chef let it leave the kitchen is beyond me. I ordered the grilled salmon and it came out charcoled. Even the chips were burnt. My assumption is that my plate was left under a grill whilst the food for the others on my table were being prepared. This is understandable but to let it leave the kitchen like that isn't. Unfortunately, I had a taxi booked so couldn't send it back. The waitress was very apologetic and waived a round of drinks which was a nice gesture.

The room was mediocre, with no air conditioning which for a Hilton hotel is rare. Finally, the shower was a joke, with the shower head designed to not let water spray out.

The best thing about the hotel was the outside pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter R

Dear Guest

It was disappointing to read that the standard of your evening meal fell below your expectations; your particular comments have been passed to our Head Chef for his review and remedial action as appropriate and we apologise for the inconvenience and disappointment caused. We note that as a gesture of apology a round of drinks was waived.

Our bedrooms are provided with a fan to assist with temperature control in the absence of air conditioning.

Your comment regarding the quality of the shower has been passed to our Maintenance team to investigate, to ensure all showers are functioning correctly and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

On a positive note we were pleased you enjoyed our location and outdoor pool facility.

Thank you once again for your feedback.