“Excellent hotel with great staff & facilities”

Hilton Avisford Park
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Arundel
Reviewed 15 July 2009

My husband and I booked a night away at the Hilton Avisford despite reading all the poor reports on Tripadvisor. We booked on a Travelzoo Offer, which included an upgraded room, bottle of champagne, 3 course dinner, breakfast & 1 spa treatment.

The hotel grounds are lovely and we took full advantage of the indoor and outdoor pools. The spa treatment - a head and neck massage was excellent. Our room was large and the bathroom clean. The meal we had in the restaurant was great and the waiting staff were very attentive.

I would say that the only down side was the price of the drinks, we paid over £9 for a beer and a small glass of wine in the bar. All in all a very nice break.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cardozokid
Write a ReviewReviews (2,176)

Reviewed 14 July 2009

I booked two rooms, one of which was a family room (2 adults and 2 children) at the Hilton Avisford Park. The price was excellent as had booked early on the internet and the price included breakfast.

Did not check in until after 10pm but had been in earlier to confirm booking. The receptionist was fantastic. It was not so much what she did but the manner in which she greeted us and the assistance she gave. This same high quality of customer care was carried over into the bar and restaurant staff who were probably the friendliest I have ever encountered.

The hotel setting is fabulous, as are the facilities (especially the outdoor pool which all the kids (and adults!) throughly enjoyed.

Ok the interior in places does need updating but what I personally look for in a hotel is the quality of the staff and I would like to say a massive thank-you on behalf of myself and the family to all the staff who made the stay at the hotel a genuinely enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2009

I was a little concerned about staying here after reading the reviews on this site but I need not have worried. Looking at previous comments i would like to say that yes this is a Hilton but a four star not five star Hilton and i don't think it can really be compared with the likes of the Paris Hilton.

I have stayed in many hotels with work as well as for leisure and stayed at several other Hiltons. I think as a four star hotel this is a good example and what differenciates this hotel from other hotels and what makes it a Hilton is the staff, the service and the quality of the food.

The hotel was really nice and it is in a lovely setting. We stayed in a deluxe room and it was spacious and clean as were the main areas of the hotel.

The staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful (makes a nice change as these days it is hard to find good customer service).
We used the indoor pool (small but clean and functional), had spa treatments (lovely staff, clean and nice room settings) and the tennis courts.

The only downsides to this hotel for me were that the tennis courts could have done with a spruce up - they are fully finctional but just look a bit dated. Also the pool table was broken at the time of our visit.

We also had dinner in the restaurant which i would thoroughly recommend. The menu selection was good, staff very friendly and the meal itself was delicious.

Besides that i would recommend this hotel to a friend and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Stayed in a Deluxe room, quiet, clean, staff exceptionally helpful. Indoor pool is compact, but OK. I spend around 100 nights per year in various hotels so I feel very qualified in stating these facts. I had read some bad reviews, but I would recommend it and I personally will be using it again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Havind read some of the reviews, we weren't sure what to expect. The hotel is situated in a lovely part of the country and is set within some splendid grounds. The hotel on the whole is fine to look at, but does look a bit tired around some edges and could do with a little updating. We stayed in a double family guest room. Although not the largest room we have stayed in, it slept all four of us ( two adults and two kids, aged 8 and 5) comfortably. The room facilities were good. The indoor pool was a touch on the small side but still big enough for a decent swim and a splash around for the kids.
The major positives of the hotel were:
- The staff and service - 5 stars to every member of staff. Pleasant, courteous and extremely helpful. One of the best atmospheres in terms of staffing we have ever encountered. Hats off to the managment team/owners and of course the staff themsleves for making us feel so welcome.
- The restaurant. Breakfast and dinner were excellent. A major plus was the quality of the food served up on the kids' menu. If you go for the dinner option in your stay, kids under 10 eat free !

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Just come back from a lousy weekend at the Hilton Avisford Park, for which we had the dubious pleasure of paying £179 DBB PN.

The room we were given was hardly big enough to swing a cat (sorry cat lovers!), the TV at first didn't work and we had to call reception for tissues. We knew the room we would be booking was a double, and wth the web site indicating either double or king size I asked at the time of booking for a king size bed (as that is what we have at home); no reply and of course we were allocated a normal double. And no chance of complimentary water in the bedroom as at most other hotels; here they charge £3.95 per bottle...

The food itself is excellent but service is appalling. At dinner on the second night we has to wait over half an hour for the wine to arrive at; we had to ask in the end what had happenned to it.... At breakfast on the second morning we had to joine a queue and wait at least over twent minutes for a table. At least on the first morning when we has to wait they had a system in place whereby you were asked to take a seat in the lounge and given complimentary orange juice and pastries, but not the second morning (why?). For a rate of £179 DBB I find this unacceptable, and am sure we would have received a better service else where for half the price...

I noticed at check-out that the receptionnist didn't ask if we had enjoyed our stay; I wonder why?

If this is Hilton in the UK then forget it. We have stayed at the Hilton in Paris and couldn't praise that hotel enough, but here was another world... I think Avisford Park is living off the Hilton brand image but all it is doing is tarnishing the brand.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sidmouth4me
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Nice location weather Ok but oh dear Hilton offer of week end packages really are not to be recommended

the room at £239 included breakfast but not dinner as were led to believe from on line ads dinner was (£270) per night per couple as we checked in.

For wheelchairs or parents with infant buggies there is no lift !!!

Hotel rooms were not clean and the hotel needed to be refurbished

the golf course was good but was extra and no discount if you stayed at the hotel !!

the restaurent food was excellent and good value ,well prepared and nicely plated

Buffet breakfast was good beware the coach party if you are behind them you may starve.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank GreyNomadsouthbucks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arundel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
Best Western Beachcroft Hotel
Bailiffscourt Hotel
Bailiffscourt Hotel
#1 of 1 in Climping

Been to Hilton Avisford Park? Share your experiences!