When we arrived at this hotel we were pretty impressed with the grounds that were very pretty and well kept. we had been caught up in traffic so were very tired when we checked in. Check in was quick and easy and we were told where to find our room, we had to go to the first floor walk a long corridor and then take the stairs to another floor, it was quite a mission to get there with our luggage (no lift), on opening the door i was instantly disappointed at the size of the room, it was very small, and although it looked very clean there was a musty smell, and that was with the window opened. we decided that we would try and get a room change as my partner had difficulty with the stairs. on the way back to reception housekeeping were still doing some of the rooms and we looked into a first floor room which was alot more spacious, we asked if we could move to that room and the receptionist obliged us, though she warned us that it would be a lot noisier. we went downstairs and had a few drinks out in the garden and started to really chill out. later we had a meal in the restaurant and i can honestly say the food was delicious, and i can be very critical, my partner had the duck which he said was the best he had tasted, and i had a steak, lovely and tender.......desserts were scrummy too. we just relaxed in the evening with a few beers in the lounge area. the receptionist had been right it was quite noisy in our room and i was woken at 2am by members of a private party, but i would prefer that to the other room. in the morning we went to breakfast and i have to say the food was really good, a huge selection of hot and cold foods, different breads and tea & coffee, and as much of it as you like! we went out for the day around arundel and tired early evening we headed back to the hotel, unfortunately the place was in chaos, young inexperienced waiters/esses found it hard to cope with the obvious lack of staff on duty and it was beginning to resemble a scene out of faulty towers, i felt very sorry for them because residents that had booked tables for the evening meal were queueing up and starting to get agitated that their tables werent ready, luckily we had eaten out.
I would wholly recommend this hotel for ambience and food, the staff are very helful and pleasant, but would strongly suggest that you go back to reception if you are given a pokey room because we swapped ours for one twice the size at no extra charge. we really enjoyed our weekend here and would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Avisford Park, Arundel, a grand Georgian manor house is set in 89 acres of beautiful Sussex parkland. There are excellent transport links to the hotel; proximity to London Gatwick Airport and Southampton Airport and rail links direct to London.The hotel has 140 well appointed bedrooms and an array of leisure facilities including indoor and outdoor (seasonal opening times) heated swimming pools, sauna, steam room, tennis courts, squash court, putting, croquet and beauty rooms offering a range of Elemis treatments and products.There are also various function rooms ideal for weddings, christenings and family gatherings or business events catering for 2 to 550. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Avisford Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Avisford Park Hotel Arundel
- Hilton Avisford Park Arundel, West Sussex
- Hilton Arundel
- Arundel Hilton