“Comedy Night”
Review of Arundel Jailhouse

Arundel Jailhouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Arundel
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Sussex's most unique, intimate and cosy live entertainment venues. Located in the historic Arundel Town Hall prison cells guests are greeted with a friendly welcome and fully licensed bar. Arundel Jailhouse hosts a wide variety of event including live music, live blues, comedy and murder mystery dinners. A great evening out with friends and if you're lucky enough you can get yourself one of their unique "VIP" cell booths! Arundel Jailhouse is also available for private and corporate hire.
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comedy Night”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

First time I have been to this venue and was pleasantly surprised. Very funny night and did not stop laughing. Have already booked again for May :-)

1 Thank Valerie K

Worthing, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fabulous night!!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had been thinking of going to one of the Jailhouse comedy nights for a while and then a friend invited me along last week.
I really wasn't sure what to expect but when we arrived my first words were "Wow ... what a venue!"
Yes ... it is small but that is part of its charm and helps to create a fantastic atmosphere! I would imagine it is pretty daunting for the comedians to perform so close to their audience, particularly as on the evening I attended, the all male cast were performing to an audience made up predominantly of women (and some good hecklers too!).
I thought having a couple of breaks through the evening was a good opportunity to stretch the legs and this lengthened the night making the evening into a true night out!!
The comedians mix with the crowd in breaks and afterwards ... not just performing & running to hide in the dressing rooms, which makes it have a much more personal feel than attending a larger venue where you would be charged much more!
I will definitely be going back ... in fact have already got my ticket for next month!! ... and have been recommending it to other friends all week!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Screamers Comedy Night. Just Brilliant”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Friday 25th April was a fantastic night at the Jailhouse Screamers. All of the acts were brilliant and had me and my friends laughing all evening. We have already booked for May :-)

1 Thank RoseScarlet
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“It is ok but the Komedia is much better:)”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was really looking forward to this event on 25/04/14. The venue was different and interesting, however, it is quite small and there was the feeling of being crammed in like sardines. The make-shift bar was very disappointing and unprofessional. There were two people serving who were clearly struggling: the chap was completely unaware of what was what, measures and what was the medium dry wine etc so he was constantly asking his work colleague, the lady, who served me and who kept over-charging people including myself. We had a compeer called 'Frazer'. He was funny for about the first two minutes and then he died a death and was like an over ex-cited school boy so his antics became a bit tedious throughout the might. There are a number of short acts and it seemed to be a case of worst on first and best last. All bar the last act were mediocre with some funny laughs here and there but generally quite poor. The last act, I think he was called David Jordan, and I found him to be very talented and funny with a great singing voice. There are two breaks at this event in the evening which I think is unnecessary and makes the evening in a small environment drag. The venue would benefit from less acts, longer acts and only one interval. The event has potential but but needs tweaking.

2 Thank Belleflowerblue
arundeljailhouse, Owner at Arundel Jailhouse, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Wow...well here are some of the comments we received on our facebook page about the same event/night.. April 25 2014
"First visit and it was awsome! Thank you! Hope to come back again soon! xx"

" I had an absolute blast and can't wait to return in July!"

"Popped my Jailhouse Screamers cherry last night....And loved it! Will definitely be back for more!"

"Thank you AJH it was an absolutely brilliant night! Took along 12 newbies who will be definitely back,so will I!!!!! x"

What more can we say? Please check our facebook page and see the comments that follow our update re this event. We are sorry you didn't enjoy it. We've had such positive feedback from many others though. Yes one of my bar staff was new but everyone has to start somewhere...he's a great employee. a hard worker etc. .The acts were hilarious...as we mentioned on fb, the best one of the year so far!.
Kingston upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Theatrical but Still Very Scary!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We went to the Jailhouse for the Arundel Ghost Experience and didn't know what to expect as we've done a few ghost tours of various places but the kind where you walk around with a guide. This was very different as it's half an hour in the old jailhouse beneath Arundel Town Hall. We went in expecting a bit of history & a few gory stories. We got that, but we emerged into the light 30 minutes later with our pulses racing, having nearly jumped out of our skins several times and being generally taken completely out of our comfort zones. Throughout the whole tour a little voice in your head keeps telling you that it's just staged theatrics, but that doesn't stop you feeling genuine fear. Great fun if you enjoy a fright but seriously not one for those who are afraid of the dark......

2 Thank Hermia G