“Closing early!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Flying Fortress
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We came here yesterday afternoon (Mon 19th Aug) with our 3 Children.

We arrived at 2:30pm to be told they are closing as they are too quiet! There were several other family's who arrived at the same time as us who were also told they would not be allowed in!

There was at least 15 children (paying customers) who were ready to come in and play - at 2:30pm in the school summer holidays!

Absolutely ridiculous that they were closing - pure laziness on behalf of the staff!

The opening hours are advertised as open until 6pm, sometimes closing at 4pm if it is very quiet. Yesterday it was NOT very quiet and it was only 2:30pm. I couldn't believe my ears that they were were telling me they were closing when there were so many customers waiting to go in!

Needless to say we had very disappointed children and we will NOT be returning again.

I will be making sure I spread the word between my family and friend with children to avoid at all costs!

What a joke of a way to run a business!

1  Thank Kirstylouisehenly
There are newer reviews for The Flying Fortress

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We drove for 40 minutes expecting our children to have a fun afternoon here. We arrived at 3.30 only to be told they were closing at 4pm even though they advertise opening until 6pm. Their excuse was that it was uneconomic to stay open for remaining two hours despite the fact parents were pretty much queuing out of the door to get in. A well run business would NEVER do this in a peak holiday season, an adequately run business would have at least apologised and offered to let the children in for a discount to avoid total disappointment, but this sham of an organisation was unapologetic and when asked refused to offer any form of discount expecting us to pay full price for the remaining few minutes. I run a business and I would never treat customers like this, I'd simply end up out of business which hopefully will be the outcome for this band.

1  Thank Tobias R
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I took my 2.5 year old son here and have to say I was so disappointed with the play area. The kids play rough and was pushing my son around and hitting his head which I was extremely angry about. I wanted to speak to their parents but were nowhere to be seen!! Obviously their parents were too busy to watch their kids! I found this soft play compared to others I've been far too dangerous and wouldn't come here again!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have visited this attraction on 3 separate occasions and it provides a safe and fun place for children of varied ages. I have taken a 2, 5 and 7 year old who all enjoyed the experience./

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Been here quite a few times with the children who love it but feel that it needs to be updated and cleaner. Food is awful and well over priced. Feel that the place could be so much more as prove has gone up but no improvements.
Kids still love it though so it's worth it. If going regularly then go with a pass as better value

1  Thank Ajg0306
violaineroberts, Manager at The Flying Fortress, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for your time in writing a review. We always welcome comments and suggestions of what our customers would like to see in the centre. If you have any ideas or suggestions of how we can enhance your experience please email any suggestions to captain@flying-fortress.co.uk .