“filthy”

The Flying Fortress
Reviewed 10 October 2013

really grubby , odd cafe area and silly prices , could be wonderful but lacks cleanliness, not good for kids to come away grubby !

Reviewed 10 October 2013

If you have gone there for the kids it is a well worth place. My granddaughter loves it.
Plenty for her to do with areas for different age groups. Children of all ages seem to enjoy it enormously.
Food is basic, not cheap but served quickly.
Like most children centres there is a charge for both children and adults but that is a norm.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Adults are charged to get in even though you HAVE to be there with you child/children and we buy drinks/food while waiting (also very over priced, plain tuna sarnie no salad or frills just bread and tuna mayo costing £3.70!!!!!) they don't cater to any allergy yet your not allowed to eat your own food. And a £3.40 kids lunch bag consists of a squashed ham/marmite/jam sandwich in a tesco sandwich bag...hence why squashed.....+3 other bits (yoghurt,cheese cubes,cucumber,grapes,sausage or crisp) and a drink. They will not change sandwich so if your child doesn't eat pig sugar and HATEs marmite your out of luck unless you want to buy the bag and "special" tuna sandwich paying way over the odds!! I quote "special" as this is what a plain tuna sarnie is labeled as if you want any cucumber etc it is at a extra cost! I am taking this to local papers as well as emailing owner (who won't listen or change it according to manager I spoke to today 6/10/2013) how much more would it have cost to put tuna in cheap white bread rather than ham/marmite or jam???? I offered to pay extra but no was the answer! I will never go back!

1  Thank Flower8um
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is a fabulous place to visit. The actual soft play is brilliant as are the trampolines. Children have a great time and staff are friendly and helpful. Food is very good value and there is a good choice. An inexpensive day if you get the right one. Rainy days as expected are busy. Monthly membership is very good value.
Only drawback is closing times can vary depending on the weather which can be disappointing if you have travelled a long distance. Time limits in busy periods which can be annoying if you have taken out a membership. Perhaps membership should give extended times during these periods. Overall you could have no complaints.

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We came here yesterday afternoon (Mon 19th Aug) with our 3 Children.

We arrived at 2:30pm to be told they are closing as they are too quiet! There were several other family's who arrived at the same time as us who were also told they would not be allowed in!

There was at least 15 children (paying customers) who were ready to come in and play - at 2:30pm in the school summer holidays!

Absolutely ridiculous that they were closing - pure laziness on behalf of the staff!

The opening hours are advertised as open until 6pm, sometimes closing at 4pm if it is very quiet. Yesterday it was NOT very quiet and it was only 2:30pm. I couldn't believe my ears that they were were telling me they were closing when there were so many customers waiting to go in!

Needless to say we had very disappointed children and we will NOT be returning again.

I will be making sure I spread the word between my family and friend with children to avoid at all costs!

What a joke of a way to run a business!

1  Thank Kirstylouisehenly