Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kate B
Amazing experience at The Pig Hotel, South Downs
Review of THE PIG
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Feb 2024
I booked the Pig Hotel in the South Downs for my partners birthday on the 15th January. When we arrived we were greeted by Lauren. Lauren took us straight to our room and surprised us by upgrading us to the Hayloft Room, which was simply stunning. It was a complete surprise, I think when I booked it, the woman whom I spoke with had asked me if it was a special occasion and so I told her that it was my partner’s birthday.

I had booked a treatment for my boyfriend whilst I had a coffee and proceeded to chat with Lauren, who was absolutely lovely and very knowledgeable about lots of the different Pig Hotels.

I booked dinner for 7.30, and the service and food was just perfect. There was a lovely atmosphere and a buzzy feeling to the restaurant. Again we chatted to various staff and they were all lovely, they even gave my boyfriend some delicious fudge with a happy birthday biscuit and a really tasty mocktail all as a surprise.

I can not recommend The Pig Hotel enough, and hopefully, we’ll be coming back very soon, or experiencing another one.
£130
3.8 miles from THE PIG
    £84
3.9 miles from THE PIG
View more hotels in Arundel
All reviews south downs apple store outdoor shower art room new addition the main house monsoon shower chicken house veg garden large conservatory chaise longue tack room a pre dinner cocktail pork chop lovely birthday walled garden cottage pie
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 January 2024

Visited for lunch on a Sunday in December. The staff were very welcoming and efficient. The food and drinks were excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed the lunch experience. The hotel and grounds were lovely, but it was torrential rain so we were glad to be having lunch in a warm dining room decorated for Christmas.

Room tip: Take care on the country roads and enjoy the lovely hotel, grounds, food and drink. A lovely place to stay as well.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2024 via mobile

Beautiful high-spec property in a gorgeous setting. However really let down but inexperienced staff and poor service. It felt like the whole place was run by people in their first jobs, with no one in charge. We stayed on Sunday night as part of a special January deal. Our wagon was gorgeous but not serviced well. ‘Turn down’ service especially was farcical - I guess the staff are told to put water by the bedside, however we had an empty / used bottle put by ours. Restaurant service was abysmal. Forgotten orders, cold food, and even though we were hotel residents and I was there on my birthday, we had to vacate our table after 90 minutes exactly as “Tables for two only get 90 minutes”, according to the young waitress who came back to tell us after speaking to the manager. This meant that we didn’t have desert. Totally unnecessary as they had plenty of empty tables and could have accommodated us. So many other things we noticed too - fire going out in the lounges, staff congregating and chatting amongst themselves instead of attending to guests, lack of greeting and acknowledgment as you moved through the hotel… really, it was such as a disappointment as I’d heard good things.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2024

My husband and I were welcomed to this beautiful hotel in stunning surroundings like old friends come to visit. Sophia our server was charming and helpful, the food was great, really fresh and well cooked. We will definitely visit this gorgeous place again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2024

Lovely comfortable room with great linen and bathroom. Wonderful dinner. The staff went beyond duty to ensure that our stay was perfect. They all seemed enthusiastic about their work and were cheerful and efficient. I cannot understand some of the negative comments.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2024 via mobile

Third time here and each time I forget why I vowed never to return. We are local. 500 gbp for a birthday supper. Lovely but overworked staff, very average mass produced food . They kindly gave my daughter a bottle of English sparkling for her birthday. Nice touch but is it really necessary to then charge me a tenner service charge on it? I emailed for a copy of the bill. No chance.

Room tip: Eyes wide open
Trip type: Travelled with family