“A family get together, lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The White Swan Inn

The White Swan Inn
Ranked #25 of 54 Restaurants in Arundel
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, European, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated just outside Arundel, in beautiful West Sussex countryside, The White Swan is a traditional and charming 4-star inn with free Wi-Fi. The building features flagstone floors with low ceilings and dark oak beams.Serving traditional British cuisine and fresh local produce, the White Swan Restaurant features exposed beams and open fires. Daily specials and a range of breakfasts are also available, and the cosy bar offers real ales and snacks.Just 5 minutes’ drive from Arundel centre, with its 12th-century castle and pretty streets by the river. White Swan inn is a 15-minute drive from Chichester and Goodwood Circuit. Situated on the A27 road, the inn is a 40-minute drive from both Portsmouth and Brighton.
turners hill
“A family get together, lovely food”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We booked a table from 12 noon and didnt leave till around 3pm, had a lovely meal, sunday carvery, dessert. & coffee, which comes with a very yummy biscuit. the pub was busy and staff seemed a bit pushed, but still managed to smile and give good service and we never felt they wanted us off the table.

• Visited April 2014

Hayling Island
“Mothering Sunday plus daughter's birthday lunch”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had a great double celebration. The service at The White Swan Inn cannot be bettered. Although we were a little early, our table was ready and we were led to our places promptly and made comfortable.

What an interesting building - the very heart of the Inn is obviously very old indeed. It must have been an old farmhouse or perhaps a coaching inn on the main road between Portsmouth and East Sussex and Kent.

We all enjoyed our meals The queue at the carvery was long and hot. Two of us had to queue because we ordered the veggie option with carvery vegetables.

The "mushroom and goat's cheese strudel" was not a strudel - more of a Wellington really, but it was tasty. The men enjoyed their proper strudel desserts whilst daughter and I could only manage ice cream. She found the unusual sea buckthorn flavour lovely.

• Visited March 2014
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Mothers Day Treat”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband has regularly used this hostelry to hold meetings with staff during the mornings when it's quieter and has always commented on how polite and helpful the staff are. Based on this, he booked a table for a late lunch here on Mothers Day for me, himself and our son.

We were seated very promptly and our drinks order was taken quite quickly - I was very pleased to see that they sell VERY local ales so ordered half of Arundel Castle Ale which was very tasty. We had the option to choose from two menus - the Mothers Day menu from which you could choose to have 1, 2 or 3 courses for different prices, or to choose from the specials menu. I opted for the Mothers Day menu, enjoying Thai Fish Cakes to start. Although they were very tasty they were a little thin, very soft/sloppy and anaemic-looking on the underside However they tasted good so not too bothered. There were two fishcakes served on the most massive plate so they looked a bit dwarfed.

I chose to have the carvery for my main course and was surprised to see how small their plates were for this. I opted for beef (which was cooked to perfection and delicious) and turkey which was equally delicious. A decent-sized Yorkshire pud was popped onto the plate and a small amount of stuffing and I went on to choose from an very extensive range of vegetables. In fact there were so many, I would not have been able to fit even the smallest amount of all of them onto my plate! The gravy was delicious and not at all watery - my only gripe is that there was absolutely no bread sauce to accompany my meal (oh, and the plates are too small).

I have to say that the carvery was absolutely delicious and I would highly recommend; we were left feeling far to full to even contemplate indulging in one of their desserts, all of which sounded extremely tasty.

• Visited March 2014
Warwickshire
“Great tasting quality pub food”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped here en route to Brighton just because it looked appealing from the outside. Inside the decor was equally attractive with comfortable tables and chairs. It was early on a Friday evening so there weren't many customers. The barman took our drinks order from the table and service throughout was quick and friendly. My husband ordered steak and ale pie - the best he's had in years and I ordered bubble and squeak with bacon, eggs and hollandaise sauce - very tasty. The portions were generous and I couldn't manage a dessert but my husband had apple and ginger turnover with clotted cream ice cream, pronounced delicious.
We'll definitely return if we're in the area again.

Visited March 2014
“Best carvery ever”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Popped in as have never been here before. Did not know whether to sit down or be shown to the table, so Sat and had a look at the menu briefly. Went to ask at bar and we were greeted warmly for drinks that were brought to the table. Had two carveries of beef. The meat was the best succulent we have ever had. My eyes were bigger than my belly as I piled the plate high and the veg was just plainly superb. The chef that carved was also warm and friendly and we were not rushed. I can recommend the lemon cheesecake, again unfaultable. Will definstely be back